AEW Dynamite Thread 2024

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

The match is most likely for Bryan and Nigel. If I was to guess, they’ve realised time is running out on Danielson’s Cadbury’s Flake of a neck, so they’re rushing to it since it’s something both guys want before calling it quits. Similar to Sting being allowed to decide his Final Match. Just a nice thing to do in the nice company that does nice things. It’s probably for Tony, too, so he can burn it to DVD and put it with his ROH collection.

The horrendous advance in ticket sales for Grand Slam might play a part too. They all but released the graphic for Bryan vs. Darby and they’ve sold just over three thousand tickets. In Tony’s mind, I can imagine he views Nigel vs. Bryan as the type of match that will draw. I’m not convinced myself, but I guess we’ll wait and see.

27 minutes ago, Gooner said:

Thank you for clearing that up. So he will wrestle here and there, hopefully used as a star and not in matches the majority have no interest in.

I’m not really sure what your problem with this is. You say he should be used in marquee matches - which main event wrestlers in AEW has he not had the opportunity to wrestle? Where are the missed opportunities?

Not every match can be a ‘marquee match’ and nor should it be. There’s room for him to face whoever the heck he wants to. If he decided he fancied a bout on Dynamite with Fuego Del Sol then fine, that’s totally OK. McGuinness is a stride above that and a fun aside in between his title matches. He has Christian, Moxley and Darby gunning for him - there’s still a lot going on in his storyline world.

Edited by RedTwoster

3 minutes ago, Supremo said:

The match is most likely for Bryan and Nigel. If I was to guess, they’ve realised time is running out on Danielson’s Cadbury’s Flake of a neck, so they’re rushing to it since it’s something both guys want before calling it quits. Similar to Sting being allowed to decide his Final Match. Just a nice thing to do in the nice company that does nice things. It’s probably for Tony, too, so he can burn it to DVD and put it with his ROH collection.

The horrendous advance in ticket sales for Grand Slam might play a part too. They all but released the graphic for Bryan vs. Darby and they’ve sold just over three thousand tickets. In Tony’s mind, I can imagine he views Nigel vs. Bryan as the type of match that will draw. I’m not convinced myself, but I guess we’ll wait and see.

All nice, very nice, how wonderful for them both. If Sniffles wants it,, he writes the cheques, I thought it should be about building the company; using the stars you have to elevate the product. 

When's Grand Slam? If they end up using that match between them two to sell more tickets, credit to them if it works.

1 minute ago, RedTwoster said:

I’m not really sure what your problem with this is. You say he should be used in marquee matches - which main event wrestlers in AEW has he not had the opportunity to wrestle? Where are the missed opportunities.

Not every match can be a ‘marquee match’ and nor should it be. There’s room for him to face whoever the heck he wants to. If he decided he fancied a bout on Dynamite with Fuego Del Sol then fine, that’s totally OK. McGuinness is a stride above that and a fun aside in between his title matches. He has Christian, Moxley and Darby gunning for him - there’s still a lot going on in his storyline world.

He coming to the end of his career, he's hurt, you don't waste him facing nobodies where it draws  barely any money.  Yes, let him do what he wants, let him live out his indy fantasy he grew up in, if your the owner you make money out of him, he's a huge name. 

When was the last time Mcguiness stepped foot in a ring on TV? Fun? Yeah, pay him loads to have fun, great way to run a company  

6 minutes ago, Gooner said:

Fun? Yeah, pay him loads to have fun, great way to run a company  

Vince must be going mad as a bag of spiders with the whole retirement thing if he's resorting to making burner accounts on here. 

1 minute ago, The Gaffer said:

Vince must be going mad as a bag of spiders with the whole retirement thing if he's resorting to making burner accounts on here. 

Really? I'm having a discussion about AEW and how it's run on here.  If you wanna get mouthy to me, take it to DM, this thread doesn't need to be getting derailed. 

9 minutes ago, Supremo said:

The Outrunners are good, aren’t they?

Yes, I will take any moment to talk about them. I love when an act proper just wins me over out of nowhere. Everything about them cracks me up. The Steve Keirn esq fading hairlines, the fact I can't determine their genuine age, brilliant names, the banger theme tune, merchandise that isn't fucking black shirts, the gimmick fully leaning into 80's territory wrestling but with enough of an aesthetic that people not aware would just think they're into the Miami Vice retro thing. That Mad Lizzie lady with Sherri Martels hair they have with them. It's great much like the Acclaimed when an act that aren't really highlighted as super workers especially in a company that like their troubled characters that you get organically over by osmosis by being just VERY FUN. They haven't been shoved down the audience throats, it's just naturally happened... And the Predator double elbow just amuses me. They should absolutely have a VHS grade entrance with tracking marks and everything on their entrance, go the full Toni Storm. Plus their Hey! (EW) appearance was the proper bollocks. 

Edited by Chili

• Members

Even as a massive Danielson fan, I'll admit that I have zero interest in seeing him wrestle McGuiness...

...However I understand that for people that follow AEW, the culmination of a year long story/feud with a pay off that you never really thought you'd see is huge.

As well as for those that loved ROH back in the day (I didn't) this is quite a lovely throwback.

It's not as if it's headlining their biggest ever show though is it? Sometimes it's not all about tickets or ratings (BOOOOOOO) and maybe this is just something Bryan wants before he slows down, and I assume McGuiness is probably a bit broken down as well.

I'd say it was a bit mental if it headlined Wembley though to be fair. But its not.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Gooner said:

Really? I'm having a discussion about AEW and how it's run on here.  If you wanna get mouthy to me, take it to DM, this thread doesn't need to be getting derailed. 

Are you? Because it all sounds pretty ignorant. Would you say anything that happens on Smackdown is wasted because it’s not the A show? Dynamite and Collision are treated as the main shows same as WWE treat Raw and Smackdown as equals even though in both instances you can say one seems to be more important then the other.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Gooner said:

If you're having a discussion about AEW and how it's run then you're the one derailing the thread because this is isn't the 'How AEW is run' thread.

2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Are you? Because it all sounds pretty ignorant. Would you say anything that happens on Smackdown is wasted because it’s not the A show? Dynamite and Collision are treated as the main shows same as WWE treat Raw and Smackdown as equals even though in both instances you can say one seems to be more important then the other.

Is Smackdown not the A show? I see more of it then Raw personally. If Danielson vs Nigel draws, well done to them.  Yes, I'm having a discussion, it's a forum I thought it was allowed, but realise more and more on the wrestling side of things you can't have a discussion or opinion unless agreeing with the majority.