Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Santa Esmeralda's version of Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood is a banger. If this is half as good as that it'll be well worth a listen. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Santa Esmeralda's version of Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood is a banger. If this is half as good as that it'll be well worth a listen. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
9 minutes ago, Jazzy G said:

Santa Esmeralda's version of Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood is a banger. If this is half as good as that it'll be well worth a listen. 

Have that on 7 inch, remember buying it alongside Genya Ravan's disco version of Feel The Need in Me (very unessential).

Posted (edited)

I love that version of Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood. Popped like a complete idiot when it turned up in the first Kill Bill movie when I saw it at the cinema back in the day.

I’m coming up on two years of collecting, and after being all “I’ll just buy a few of my absolute favourite albums”, I can categorically say that I haven’t stuck to that one iota. But having said that, everything I have is something that I wanted.

IMG-2309.jpg

Edited by WyattSheepMask
  • 5 months later...
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Our crap ION All-in-One record player gave up the ghost so despite it “not fitting the aesthetic” I convinced my wife to get a proper record player as the replacement. Ended up going with the Audio Technica LP60-XBT which was a little pricey in comparison, and bringing my speakers from my little PS1 CD Player project down until we find some nice bluetooth ones. Took all of 10 seconds before she conceded how much better it sounds.

Probably forgot a few since my last post in this thread but over that time we’ve picked up a few new records:

Wu Tang Clan - Enter The Wu Tang (36 Chambers)
Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory
Buddy Holly - True Love Ways
Buddy Holly (some sort of greatest hits one)
Ennio Morricone - Music from Fistful of Dollars and A Few Dollars More
Paramore - Riot
Paramore - After Laughter
Stornoway - Beyonder
Paul McCartney - Boys from Dungeon Lane
Jamiroquai - High Times (Best of Singles)
The Beatles - Rubber Soul 2026 Remaster
Captain Sensible - Women and Captains First

A few of them were expensive HMV deals which were close to online prices but with the convenience of having them. A few were flea market bargains and a few from a local record shop. The money saved on some of them (Ennio Morricone for £1 from the flea market instead of £15 from the record shop) meant most of it evened out. Still an expensive do though.

I won’t go on about all of them but I will say Paul McCartney’s new one is a cracker. Really enjoying that, especially the opening track “As You Lie There”. Sadly my new sealed copy was still somehow scratched and skips on one of the tracks so I’m returning it for a swap.

IMG_4335.jpeg

Edited by FLips
Posted

I love the AT-LP 60, it’s so easy to set up and is just a workhorse. The first one I had was a Bluetooth model (previous generation to yours I think, @FLips) I bought refurbished/shop return on eBay. I gave that to my youngest daughter to start her off enjoying playing records when I bought my second AT-LP 60, a non-Bluetooth model with a red chassis I imported from Japan (new on eBay), which I only wanted because it kind of matches my red Technics receiver and speakers.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I also got the bluetooth version of that when I started record collecting, it a great little player, lot of nice features. 

Posted

Got my niece a turntable for her 18th birthday and went with the same Audio Technica bluetooth model.

Speakers I got were these: Edifier R1280DBs - comes with a remote and can control bass and treble through them. Can also connect them wired & Bluetooth. 

Look quite snazzy and sounded pretty good for a £250 all in turntable setup.

  • Members
Posted

The homey @gmoney sorted me out with one when my eldest wanted a table, and it went well for a good while. We had to get her a new one about a year ago, as it was broken in a house move (my ex asked me where I bought it to try and get it replaced under guarantee and I had to explain I bought it off a wrestling forum 😆) and it's really good. Same brand, different model.

She now has just over 100 vinyl and has learnt the art of the charity shop.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...