UKFF Vinyl and Records

SuperBacon

Does anyone use Vinyl Me Please? It's a US vinyl subscription service where they (re)release a couple of vinyls every month, from different genres. You can just buy them as and when too. Usually in limited numbers and in different colours. I've picked up a few from eBay from UK sellers. Aretha Franklins, Never Loved A Man, The Way I Love You & Spirit In The Dark. Both sound absolutely amazing.  They've been cut and remastered off analogy tape by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound. Don't know who he is and where it is, but he has magic fingers.

They come in hard card vinyl sleeves with OBI strips and sometimes a little notebook with listener notes. So it's more of a collectors item.

I think their genres they now release. Are VMP Essentials, Classics, Rap & Hip-hop, Country, Rock.

I normally search on eBay for VMP - as looking up Vinyl Me Please. A lot of the sold out records, have buy it nows for inflated prices. 

Hey @Rossman this is a good shout.  Just looked the label up on Juno, and they've released some nice albums, like Donald Byrd's Fancy Free and Miles Davis' Sorceror (of which I have a decent original press luckily).

Looks like they're limited numbers as you say so I've put an email alert on them for future releases.

On 2/15/2024 at 7:01 PM, wordsfromlee said:

I haven't participated in RSD for a few years now as it's gone to shit. The rare time there's actually anything worth getting they end up not being exclusive to RSD and getting repressed a couple of months later - which never used to happen. But saying that, I've wanted this album for so long. Do I pay the ~£40 it'll no doubt be, or wait and hope it's one of the ones that get repressed at a more reasonable price?

I saw Banquet Records listing this priced at nearly £60 for Record Store Day - and they are normally one of the cheaper places ;(

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestions a couple of weeks ago guys.

After a lot of reading about turntables that won’t break the bank but are generally considered very good for beginners I think I’ve settled on what I’m going g to get, that being a Fluance RT81+ (sometimes called the 81 Elite), which comes with a built in pre-amp, and going to get some Q Acoustics M20 (Powered) Speakers. That should be enough for what I’m wanting to do right now, but I can add to it overtime if I decide to.
Just got to get saving now and focus on getting that first rather than looking on eBay for vinyl first 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Thanks for the suggestions a couple of weeks ago guys.

After a lot of reading about turntables that won’t break the bank but are generally considered very good for beginners I think I’ve settled on what I’m going g to get, that being a Fluance RT81+ (sometimes called the 81 Elite), which comes with a built in pre-amp, and going to get some Q Acoustics M20 (Powered) Speakers. That should be enough for what I’m wanting to do right now, but I can add to it overtime if I decide to.
Just got to get saving now and focus on getting that first rather than looking on eBay for vinyl first 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Interested to hear how you get on with that as I've had the thought of a record player in the back of my mind for a while. I've got the M20 speakers and think they're decent. I use them for my TV too which has been great for films.

I got the speakers off eBay and saved about £100-£150 off the price and they were in mint condition so may be worth having a check there if you don't mind buying second hand.

2 hours ago, Sphinx said:

Interested to hear how you get on with that as I've had the thought of a record player in the back of my mind for a while. I've got the M20 speakers and think they're decent. I use them for my TV too which has been great for films.

I got the speakers off eBay and saved about £100-£150 off the price and they were in mint condition so may be worth having a check there if you don't mind buying second hand.

If I can find some that are either new or in very good condition then I’ve no issue buying second hand at all.

I might have to buy the turntable new from from Fluance themselves though. I can find parts for it on eBay but not the turntable itself. Saying that, Amazon does have one of their RT80s on there for £200. In theory could I not just buy the cartridge that the RT81+ uses (an AT-VMN95) and replace the one on the RT80? Might only save £40 or so, which makes me think it might just be easier to go with the newer model

Q Acoustics are fantastic, I put a 5.1 system together with them at Christmas and I’m so happy with the sound quality.  Listening to music on the main 5040s is great and the smaller 3010s make great satellites as well as decent bookshelf speakers for music.