Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

2 minutes ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

I don't think we have European football thread, but fucking Hell.

Smashing PSG 4-1 in the first home Champions League game in 20 years is unreal. Half of the starting 11 were here when we were in the Championship and 2 local boys scored, couldn't be happier.

I'm the last week(ish) we've won 8-0, knocked City out of the cup (playing a weakened side) and stuffed PSG. Good times on Tyneside.

Aye, It's fucking mint isn't it?

I'm not happy with WHO runs the club and I don't think I ever will be, but fucking hell how the club's being run and how much pride and passion is put on the pitch is genuinely fucking joyful.

We just hammered one of the biggest clubs in the world with half a team who were criticised all over the place as being Championship level players at best. And the players who scored? Two local lads (who I'm constantly told by fans of other clubs, are shit), a player derided for being a headless chicken and a centre back who was nearly forced out of the club by the previous manager. I love the likes of Bruno and Isak but the only way this could have been better is if Joelinton had been fit and scored.

Lovely stuff and I can only hope that top class teams keep shitting themselves at St James'.

Also the Mackems won, so my brother and sister'll be happy as well!

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

I'm the last week(ish) we've won 8-0, knocked City out of the cup (playing a weakened side) and stuffed PSG. Good times on Tyneside.

Absolutely dismembered the last week of opponents. Great execution. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

Smashing PSG 4-1 in the first home Champions League game in 20 years is unreal.

I feel you. Fond memories of my lot beating reigning European Champions Inter at the Lane in our maiden Champions League campaign. Which I loved because it meant Rafa Benitez had, in the space of 6 months, transformed Inter from "win the treble" to "lose to Spurs."

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Apart from that white horse prick at that 1920s FA Cup final. Jobsworth. 

I've had just about enough of your Ipswich-bashing, young lady

• Members

Pop it in here as it seems most relevant, but the Beckham documentary on Netflix is really good.

Not sure it needed to be 4 parts and over 4 hours but there we go.

I like David Beckham, and he comes across really well. I'm sure it's been highly controlled and you don't really learn anything new but it's all very watchable. 

Not enough Fergie though (he should be in every scene obviously) and I could've done without the Hoddle slagging, but I get it, Glenn is a bit of a nob.

The real revelation though is Victoria, who is really, really funny. She made me properly laugh on more than one occasion.

A good watch if you have any interest. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

The real revelation though is Victoria, who is really, really funny.

Does it also reveal she's surprisingly down to earth? I hope so.

• Paid Members

To think, last weekend people were doubting Tottenhams title credentials after needing a late own goal to beat 9 men. Well, as the saying goes, after 8 games the table doesn’t lie.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

To think, last weekend people were doubting Tottenhams title credentials after needing a late own goal to beat 9 men. Well, as the saying goes, after 8 games the table doesn’t lie.

If your first 11 stays fit, you'll definitely be up there. But that's a big ask and the drop off from that to your bench will be telling I suspect, unless you invest heavily in Jan. I know this from experience as an Arsenal fan.

Speaking of which, a tremendous afternoon for Arsenal today, weird game though. City seemed off, we had some nervous moments and Raya seemed to have lost his mind. Still, we got the win even without our best player, and now only very minimal goal difference separates us from top spot so I can't complain

20220927_075552.jpg