AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

IMG_8420.thumb.jpeg.54c20fe2d2c992cbd82d7ef7f9c42844.jpeg

Interesting to look back at that first card, when Collision was essentially the showcase for the sulkers, the moaners, the trouble-makers and the don’t-want-to-be-heres.

Most of them ended up fizzling out. Punk self-destructed himself out of the company, Miro managed to cuckhold himself off TV and out of his own marriage, Dax managed to undermine a run of incredible matches by revealing what a dull, stupid knobhead he is, and Andrade ended up finding out that the supposed green grass in WWE was actually the green on his Twitter Title belt, on the backwards speedometer, that inexplicably goes from red to green. You were wrestling Bryan Danielson in the greatest tournament in the history of American pro-wrestling in December, mate. What a fall from grace. Whopper.

IMG_8422.thumb.jpeg.8502cb15ac0794b5a66bd453e57f682d.jpeg

It’s almost as if all these bad apples were never going to be happy and weren’t worth the hassle. Collision is infinitely better now for having all the happy, fun characters, performed by wrestlers who actually want to be there. Keep your Dark Cloud show, with this horrible undercurrent of bitterness and Christopher Daniels sitting outside in the rain. Long live the fun, easy-to-watch, feel good greatness of Orange Cassidy, Jay Briscoe and Willow Nightingale. Now with the added bonus of Maximum Male Models, too! Strike a pose!

IMG_8423.thumb.jpeg.bf680e850c2d9bf46d43e491890a841b.jpeg

• Paid Members

Those initial few weeks were interesting because you had the whole "this is Punk's show", he was heavily involved in creative and the intrigue of what a CM Punk ran wrestling show looked like. Turns out it wasn't really much more than "Punk kind of feuds with everyone aimlessly and hangs out with his mates" and the shows felt weirdly isolated and bereft of stars. It was like the Codyverse times 5. You'd have some half hearted Punk six man going 40 minutes in the main event then the rest of the show was Brock Anderson vs Luchasaurus and Scorpio Sky. Good thing he lost interest about 7 weeks in. 

Now it feels like an old school traditional show which can also have a bit of spice. Like it'll be a decent straight looking show then they'll book Shibata vs Jeff Jarrett or something. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Like it'll be a decent straight looking show then they'll book Shibata vs Jeff Jarrett or something. 

Collision babyyyyy.... 

Screenshot2024-06-15204639.thumb.png.6e4d5bb2a28f34c6c7550aff02830f64.png

• Paid Members

Not sure what act is worse The Learning Tree or The Acclaimed.If I'm Bowens I'm spending all my spare time trying to come up with a singles gimmick, there's no juice left in The Acclaimed at all.

They seemed to be testing the waters with a House of Black babyface turn here. I think that'd be a good idea. Drop the spooky bollocks and turn them all into babyface ass kickers. No idea how bad Matthews injury is though which might derail things. But a babyface House of Black vs a heel Elite or whatever could be fun.

• Paid Members
On 6/17/2024 at 8:01 AM, LaGoosh said:

No idea how bad Matthews injury is though which might derail things.

Is it a real injury? I assumed it was at first as it completely derailed the match, but then the period of them standing around awkwardly took place during the commercial break and they immediately followed it up with the Christian Cage angle which made me think I'd been worked.

32 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Is it a real injury? I assumed it was at first as it completely derailed the match, but then the period of them standing around awkwardly took place during the commercial break and they immediately followed it up with the Christian Cage angle which made me think I'd been worked.

At this point Buddy Matthews getting a knee injury leading into picture in picture is a trope of Collision. My question would be is this the start of them writing out House of Black?

On 6/18/2024 at 10:37 AM, BrodyGraham said:

At this point Buddy Matthews getting a knee injury leading into picture in picture is a trope of Collision. My question would be is this the start of them writing out House of Black?

Also Buddy Matthews does a worked injury in every third match he's in on Collision

He's very good at selling but it's a weird signature spot

1 hour ago, organizedkaos said:

Also Buddy Matthews does a worked injury in every third match he's in on Collision

He's very good at selling but it's a weird signature spot

Yeah, that was very much the inference!

As a guy who they try and sell as 'The Juggernaut of The House of Black', it does seem weird that most of his matches seem to tell a kayfabed story that he's made of paper!