AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

On 8/10/2023 at 2:52 PM, Healy52003 said:
  Hide contents

Never thought I'd see a 'Casket (Coffin) match' let alone having Sting participate. Can't say I know much about the other team in it. A lot of mental coffins containing sporting hopes and dreams in Wembley but imagine this would be the first physical one ever to grace the hallowed turf

Hide contents

FTR vs Young Bucks will be a cracker and having 'Carry on my Wayward Son' will be epic 

Unfamiliar with some of the women in the Championship tournament but might as well give it a look 

There was one there in '92. 

My thoughts on it:

Spoiler

I really couldn't care less about Omega v. Takeshita at the minute. Instead of being a focal point after the DoN heel turn. They've barely touched on it with the Ospreay detour for Forbidden Door and gang warfare with BCC.

The Trios is out of nowhere really but plays into alot of non-AEW history and has people i'm all largely invested in right now (sorry Ibushi B&G did you no favours). Might well set a direction for what comes next. If Juice isn't the fall guy then something unexpected has happened.

Forget the foam fingers for the Acclaimed. They better have stocked up on cardboard Jays!

• Paid Members

The strike is the 26th. It's annoying if you're heading down by train on the Saturday to stay over the night before. I'm just relieved that they're not striking on that Monday.

• Paid Members

Right now the buses, the Underground, and the Overground (and likely the wombling free) are running as normal. They'll be busier, of course, but at least they're still running. I just hope the Waterloo and City is running on the Monday.

At least I know I'm going to get to see Sting again.

• Paid Members

I'm sure you can, but I'm a big fan of the underground and the Waterloo & City, which celebrates its 125th anniversary this year, is a particularly interesting line.

EDIT: It's not running that day because it's a bank holiday. Rat's cocks. Ah well, maybe I'll have a go on the DLR.

Edited by jazzygeofferz