AEW Revolution 2023 discussion thread

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

Taz, Excalibur and Tony are brilliant together, especially when they just decide to piss about during breaks on Dynamite like it's an episode of pandemic era Dark.

Was a big fan of Taz singing Ruby Soho's theme, which I've now heard is a regular thing from him and I now want more commentators singing theme songs.

• Paid Members

Despite the poor build, the show delivered on the night. Taken with where things sit at the moment, and the current champions etc, the right booking decisions were made on this night. 

Putting over all the younger, newer acts was the theme of the night and was very noticeable. Also a lot of them were feud ending wins so hopefully this is a good sign moving forward. 

The TNT title situation has been a mess for donkeys, and they need to settle things down there and just keep it on someone for an extended period of time. Wednesday night, pick Hobbs or Wardlow and stick with them for six months. 

Sniff was way too late on getting to FTR. Clearly The Gunns beat The Acclaimed in order to move the belts onto FTR without having to put either team in a position to be booed against the other. However it's a year to late. Hopefully The Acclaimed don't get lost in the shuffle and can find a significant heel tag team to have a proper feud with if they aren't going to be in the title picture. I like The Gunns, but on a roster with The Lucha Bros, Young Bucks, FTR, The Acclaimed and a host of others, they should still be developing, not holding the belts, which isn't their fault, the booker has put them in this spot. 

I don't like the House of Black and was nowhere near as high on this match as others. The act does absolutely nothing for me. I like Brodie King as a single, but he gets dragged down by these two bores. Like Luke Harper when he was in the Wyatt Family. The good point about the HOB going over though is that you could slide the Young Bucks back into the tag division and Omega into singles again. 

This should be it for blood now for about six months. There was a shit tonne of it here. It absolutely needs reeled in, especially Moxley. Give Mox a wee break here and then I'd fuck Cesaro and Yuta off to Ring of Honour, and then when you bring Mox back - side him up as a heel tag team with Eddie Kingston to go after FTR, The Acclaimed, Young Bucks rematch with the roles reversed etc. 

Christian proved here, again, why he's better than Edge. Marvellous this was. Jungle Boy, Ricky Starks, MJF, Wardlow, Hangman are all in a better position now following this show than they were in the weeks leading into it. 

The best thing JR has done in AEW (that's a low bar) was when he said he was born in San Francisco which tee'd Taz up for "So the whole Oklahoma thing's a work then?". 

Life is too short to watch stuff involving Saraya and Ruby Soho on a four hour show. This women's division is a chicken and the egg situation. It's shite. Do they get enough focus for it to be good? Probably not. Are most of them talented enough for it to be any better if they did? Not really. I mean, Toni Storm, Saraya, Ember Moon, Ruby, The Bunny, Tay Melo, Anna Jay, Red Velvet, Skye Blue. . . They just aren't good. They need reps though and hopefully a house show schedule can give a lot of younger or underdeveloped talent across the company a chance to try and get up to speed. 

Long story short? Make some people take classes with Jeff Jarrett and Christian. 

Edited by WeeAl

2 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

The TNT title situation has been a mess for donkeys, and they need to settle things down there and just keep it on someone for an extended period of time. Wednesday night, pick Hobbs or Wardlow and stick with them for six months. 

I disagree. We're already getting a long sustained reign from MJF. OC and Jamie Hayter are racking up the defenses as well.

Darby. Joe, Wardlow, Hobbs beating the crap out of each other (and some others) has been great. I have no idea what they're doing tonight between Wardlow and Hobbs. In the best possible way since that's the sort of thing people have been clamouring for a while. Unpredictable matches where anyone can and should win. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Life is too short to watch stuff involving Saraya and Ruby Soho on a four hour show. This women's division is a chicken and the egg situation. It's shite. Do they get enough focus for it to be good? Probably not. Are most of them talented enough for it to be any better if they did? Not really. I mean, Toni Storm, Saraya, Ember Moon, Ruby, The Bunny, Tay Melo, Anna Jay, Red Velvet, Skye Blue. . . They just aren't good.

This is exactly how I feel when the regular argument about "push the women" comes up. Hayter, Shida, Willow and Athena are good...but that's it. On a show that struggles to utilize or even use all of it's male roster to their fullest potential the idea of leaving a Rush, Kingston, Bandido, Daniel Garcia, Takeshita etc etc off Dynamite for another womens match boggles the mind. You've got one of the best male rosters in history here with countless potential exciting matches and stories...if they chucked the women off completely I'd be pretty pleased to be honest.