Lanny Poffo has passed away.

Nick James

1 hour ago, garynysmon said:

How many wrestlers can say they have a nationally televised win over golden era Hulk Hogan on their CV?

Magnificent! I loved it when he started taking the back of Hogan and Jesse said “He’s stopping to Hogan levels”. Just brilliant!

35 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Magnificent! I loved it when he started taking the back of Hogan and Jesse said “He’s stopping to Hogan levels”. Just brilliant!

The older I get, the more I appreciate Hogan as a wrestler.  Such a fun match, the crowd was insane the whole way through as they always were for him, nobody took a knee to the face or a dive to the outside.  If it wasn't for his finisher Hogan could still be wrestling today.

I remember that Hogan match, good stuff. I think I first watched it in the 2000s on that WWE Vintage TV show on Sky. Not the one with Gene Okerlund presenting, just the repeats of classic episodes, they also showed late 80s WCW. Loved watching that. 

Another Poffo moment was showing up on that Tony Little infomercial that used to get shown almost on loop about the same time, mid 2000s. "Hey do you remember Lanny Poffo?" "Oh, wasn't he the Genius?!"

• 4 weeks later...

Still gutted Lanny is gone. He was such an engaging character to listen to. Eccentric and quirky, but also clearly intelligent and humorous.

The Rene Dupree interview he did shortly before his passing reveals he spent time with Marco Pierre White which I found really bizarre and interesting. Think Marco paid tribute to him when he passed also.

RIP Lanny.