FLips's Sopranos watching thread

FLips

• Paid Members
On 7/12/2024 at 4:45 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Vito is one of my least favourite characters and his story is far from the strongest (although having a member of the Soprano crew turn out to be gay did make for an interesting twist) but some of the moments it creates are gold.

Apparently the actor is still a total pain in the arse and the biggest hard-sell possible.

He’s been known to follow Sopranos bus tours and then try and sell overpriced signed tat from the boot of his car.

Upon my second watch and knowing this, I laughed my head off at Phil jumping out of the closet (which was an obvious reference to Phil himself being gay too).

“20 years in the can I wanted manicott', but I compromised. I ate grilled cheese off the radiator instead. I wanted to fuck a woman, but I compromised. I jacked off into a tissue. You see where I'm goin'?”

• 3 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator
On 8/21/2024 at 11:39 PM, garynysmon said:

He’s been known to follow Sopranos bus tours and then try and sell overpriced signed tat from the boot of his car.

*ahem*

• Paid Members

I watched it the other night and thought it was fascinating. Good insight into Chase and lots of interesting info about the show that I wasn't aware of, though I don't claim to be an expert on the show. Really cool audition footage too.

Not a spoiler obviously, but an anecdote I particularly enjoyed that I'll put behind tags just in case:

Spoiler

They go into how much Livia is based on Chase's mother and apparently at one point Nancy Marchland took him aside and asked "I trust that the creature I'm portraying is dead"?

Edited by gmoney