2 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

He never said he left Bullet Club

Also Evil is Leader of House Of Torture which is like the shit lads with the go away heat from Bullet Club, Finlay just jumped in as the new leader of Bullet Club, you attack the old leader who’s on the way out  of the company and take his place, that’s how it’s always been for the group.

EVIL has genuine heat.  It's only Dick Togo who has go away heat.

The whole thing makes no sense.  I think that's what I'm gathering. 

I think Keith Lee has been far better in AEW than he often gets credit for. In the case of this match, he was wrestling the 50-something-year-old Chris Jericho; which has to be considered as a factor in why it was a bit dull. Plus, sometimes wrestlers just don’t have chemistry. It happens.

However, Swerve in our Glory - tag team name aside - was an excellent team, and I’d challenge anyone to make an argument against that. It wasn’t just Strickland either. Their matches against The Acclaimed were among the best matches of 2022, and outside of that Lee has had some solid singles matches after a slightly ropey start in AEW. Perhaps, at this point, he’s best used in a tag team, but for whatever reason people seem very quick to write off his singles potential. He’s perhaps not as agile as he used to be, but he still has value.

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I think Keith Lee has been far better in AEW than he often gets credit for. In the case of this match, he was wrestling the 50-something-year-old Chris Jericho; which has to be considered as a factor in why it was a bit dull. Plus, sometimes wrestlers just don’t have chemistry. It happens.

However, Swerve in our Glory - tag team name aside - was an excellent team, and I’d challenge anyone to make an argument against that. It wasn’t just Strickland either. Their matches against The Acclaimed were among the best matches of 2022, and outside of that Lee has had some solid singles matches after a slightly ropey start in AEW. Perhaps, at this point, he’s best used in a tag team, but for whatever reason people seem very quick to write off his singles potential. He’s perhaps not as agile as he used to be, but he still has value.

Other people have perfectly decent matches with a 50-year-old Chris Jericho though.  In fact, he went a whole year with having perfectly decent matches with any number of people.

The whole point of Keith Lee was that he did these amazing things that nobody thought he'd be able to do.  Now he can't even leapfrog properly.  Yes, the tag team was good but that's because he didn't have to do much.  Even Hannibal Scorch would be decent in a tag team with Strickland.  He's like a sportsman who got injured and can't do what he used to do.  Instead of changing his game and being the best he can be now, he's still trying to do the old stuff.  He's basically Jack Wilshere, except he's fat and has grey hair.

11 minutes ago, El Hijo del Mikey Jr said:

Other people have perfectly decent matches with a 50-year-old Chris Jericho though.  In fact, he went a whole year with having perfectly decent matches with any number of people.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to suggest that Jericho isn’t still capable of a good, or even an outstanding match. He absolutely is. My point is that he’s also not as agile as he once was, and perhaps wasn’t the right opponent for Lee. 

13 minutes ago, El Hijo del Mikey Jr said:

The whole point of Keith Lee was that he did these amazing things that nobody thought he'd be able to do.  Now he can't even leapfrog properly.  Yes, the tag team was good but that's because he didn't have to do much.  Even Hannibal Scorch would be decent in a tag team with Strickland.  He's like a sportsman who got injured and can't do what he used to do.  Instead of changing his game and being the best he can be now, he's still trying to do the old stuff.  He's basically Jack Wilshere, except he's fat and has grey hair.

I totally disagree with your assessment of the tag team. Perhaps you’re misremembering, perhaps you simply weren’t as impressed with Lee as I was, but I don’t think that anyone could have filled that role. Their contrast in styles is in part what made the team work so well. 

When Lee joined AEW, I actually held the same opinion as you. While others here were praising him, I thought he was a bit shit. He won me over. He isn’t what he once was, but I don’t think he has to be - although I agree that he probably does need to remove certain moves from his repertoire for reasons you lay out.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, El Hijo del Mikey Jr said:

The whole point of Keith Lee was that he did these amazing things that nobody thought he'd be able to do. 

I'm glad he doesn't. I want my big fat guys to wrestle like big fat guys. He should be splatting people, not flipping about.

Edited by LaGoosh

4 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I totally disagree with your assessment of the tag team. Perhaps you’re misremembering, perhaps you simply weren’t as impressed with Lee as I was, but I don’t think that anyone could have filled that role. Their contrast in styles is in part what made the team work so well. 

When Lee joined AEW, I actually held the same opinion as you. While others here were praising him, I thought he was a bit shit. He won me over. He isn’t what he once was, but I don’t think he has to be - although I agree that he probably does need to remove certain moves from his repertoire for reasons you lay out.

He looked like he was at least making an effort in the tag team, which is a massive difference.  You have Swerve being Swerve and Lee could come in and be the muscle.  It worked much better than people gave it credit for at the time.

However, now, he looks terrible.  He doesn't have somebody doing the hard work.  The white hair makes his look older than Jericho.  If he's not physically able to go, he should be taken off TV.  For all of the things people slam Tony Khan for, they never seem to say that the problem is that he tolerates and even pushes people who are clearly dogging it.

33 minutes ago, El Hijo del Mikey Jr said:

Yes, the tag team was good but that's because he didn't have to do much.  Even Hannibal Scorch would be decent in a tag team with Strickland. 

Parker Boudreaux & Trench wave from the shelf.

Keith Lee isn't quite Andre in the Colossal Connection washed, but he's certainly better in tags or multi-man matches where he can hide his limitations. He carried his part in the tag with Swerve in the ring and out of it in the promos. The dynamic between the two is what made it work.

I was never expecting the indie version of Lee. Especially as time went by. It's been 5 years. His size and age was going to lead to depreciation even if he didn't have any health issues. He needs to find his Too Cool for the Trios or another tag partner.