Just wanted to repost this.

Was watching Double or Nothing 2021 and these guys coming out. Top tier one of the best entrances ever. Mox so into that crowd pop he misses his mark and ends up throwing a chair on his mad adrenaline. Eddie pissing himself laughing but still looking absolutely ready to gouge a man's eye. By the time they get in the ring they're the coolest fuckers on the block. Thank goodness we even got AEW for stuff like this. The grubby, buddy cop Mega Powers.

I'm gonna have to start making my way through Daily's Place/pandemic era AEW.

As strange as this may seem to some, it's still my favourite period of AEW. Helped get me through those shitty times. 

As for Dynamite this week. Gross old cunt aside, it was alright.

Ruby Soho looks like someone who is bolting for the door, as soon as her contract runs out. Match was rubbish. 

Almost Zero crowd reaction to Toni Storm, post match. Think we might actually see some fan backlash if she beats Shida (who is still really popular) for the belt.

Oh the Shida/Baker tension is another story line that seems to have been completely dropped.

Cracking opener. 

Decent main event. 

The Swerve segment played out better than I expected it to. Prince Nana being uncomfortable was a nice touch.

1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

Oh the Shida/Baker tension is another story line that seems to have been completely dropped.

We're still in the AEW zone of they're off TV and it will be picked it up when back on screen. With a 2min Road to...style on Youtube that makes it look seemless. When they finally pull the trigger on Swerve v. Keith Lee it will look like the best booked feud of the year.

In Britt's case her disappearance coincides with Adam Cole's injury and subsequent surgeries. A mix of off the road to help out and do her day job. Which was probably for the best. She was still over but no doubt stale and clocking up losses in fairly meaningless matches.

Edited by Infinity Land

Ive been following AEW loosely since All In. Takeshita pinned Omega there, then pinned him clean in a belter at All Out. Since then I don't think he's done anything of note on the TV shows? Plus Omega gets the title shot, freshly after getting pinned clean, and Callis doesn't say anything? Bit of strange thing that as far as I can see, those wins haven't really done him any favours. 

• Paid Members

Goddamn this company has an injury curse hanging over its head. 

As a positive though this will give great heat to a rematch. Danielson has a rare submission victory over Okada but both times they've been in the ring Okada has seriously injured him - that's good shit, pal.

On Toni Storm, I was loving this gimmick when it was based on her having a mental breakdown and she was an anxious, paranoid mess. Now she's gone full silent film star with it it's far less interesting and significantly less funny.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Okada and Danielson should be kept apart for the rest of their careers. Obviously a cursed combination. Forbidden Door match was a huge letdown, too.

Bryan Danielson’s Final Year Countdown should work like WWE contracts. It should now be frozen whilst he’s out injured. It shouldn’t count if he’s not out there having the greatest run of TV matches of all time.

The least surprising thing about Timeless Toni Storm is that once again Jericho has managed to work the hot new thing into his favour. Getting his useless lump of a mate Luther a gig as the butler? The leech has no shame.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, GlennCullen said:

Angle made no sense. Was the baby home alone? Was its Mum passed out asleep at like, 9? Clearly she doesn’t watch Dynamite, or have a baby monitor. Swerve and Nana were good, but the premise was dumb.

I never got the impression the baby was there. Swerve just cut the promo there to imply he could harm the child if he wanted.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

I never got the impression the baby was there. Swerve just cut the promo there to imply he could harm the child if he wanted.

He 'talks' to the baby. If the house was meant to be empty, it makes Hangman seemingly deciding to run from one side of the country to the other even sillier.

51 minutes ago, GlennCullen said:

He 'talks' to the baby. If the house was meant to be empty, it makes Hangman seemingly deciding to run from one side of the country to the other even sillier.

There's lights on in the house. You would think someone's home. Hangman runs up the ramp right away. Swerve comes in looks around, sits down on the couch and hears a noise.

The noise can be one of two things really.

The baby and Swerve cutting a promo directly to it. Which does leave people wondering where the mother is.

or the mother snatching up the baby and getting out the house. Swerve cutting the promo on the empty crib to psych out Hangman who wouldn't know any different.

Between this and Billy Gunn's kidnapping, the real question is who in the AEW production team is happy to broadcast Swerve's live crimes?