35 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

Adapt to what? Wearing a bit of tape on his back? If you're seeing a master seller that I haven't, then I'm pleased you had a good time at least.

I'm not trying to convince anybody to stop liking him, but when I see a statement like "he could even make FTR fun!", I do start to wonder what kind of mass-hypnosis has taken place.

Who hypnotised you to think FTR are fun already? 

22 hours ago, sj5522 said:

It was his breakout year and the year he switched from the old CHIKARA ant gimmick to this one. I watched US indies like Beyond and GCW then so I saw him plenty. He's still having the same matches he was then.

Great that you watched a lot of him then but plenty didn't have a fucking clue who he was when AEW started.

Logically why would he change the act that made him successful in the first place? Or why would Tony hire him and then ask him to do something completely different? Obviously he signed him because he enjoyed his act and felt it could work on a bigger stage. And at this time he's one of their most popular and successful acts.

So apart from you not enjoying him personally.. what's the problem exactly?

44 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Pipe down you boring Tory.

The fuck are you on about, you weirdo? It's possible to believe in human rights while also believing Orange is a bit of a hack. Comedy wrestlers have a shorter shelf life to me, I guess that also means I want to abolish free school lunches and that I think they should bring back public 'angin or whatever the fuck. I obviously expected to have a little debate with my comments but that's a seriously bizarre comment to aim at me when the only thing you know about me is my rasslin' opinions.

Let's leave it at that, then. Good chat, guys.

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

What a bullshit discussion. Orange Cassidy is many people’s Wrestler of the Year because he’s had a ridiculous amount of fantastic matches, he’s a brilliant character, tonnes of fun, always hugely over, and has single-handedly made a previously completely irrelevant International Title into one of the most prestigious belts in the business.

If you don’t get it or he’s not to your taste that’s one thing, but arguing you can only be Wrestler of the Year if you adapted or added to your act in this calendar year is absolutely ridiculous. Like arguing Steve Austin couldn’t be Wrestler of the Year in 1998 because actually he became the Stone Cold character in 1997. Complete bollocks.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

What's happened to Rebel? She seems to have disappeared and surely with the likes of Outcasts around, Baker would need a bit of help whilst Hayter is out. 

Yeah I wondered as well. Initially they said they kept her away from TV so Jamie/Britt could be faces, but that made no sense. I believe she’s one of the main make up artists backstage but I love seeing her on TV.

• Paid Members

My ideal pick for BCC's fifth man in Blood & Guts is Pac. Storywise it'd make sense, Pac was feuding with The Elite and stabbing them with hammers last time he was on TV, he's previously feuded with Hangman, his miserable personality fits in with the BCC, his surprise return would  give the match more hype and assuming Ibushi is coming in the addition of both of them could make this the most insane match in years. 

Probably be fucking Jericho though.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

My ideal pick for BCC's fifth man in Blood & Guts is Pac. Storywise it'd make sense, Pac was feuding with The Elite and stabbing them with hammers last time he was on TV, he's previously feuded with Hangman, his miserable personality fits in with the BCC, his surprise return would  give the match more hype and assuming Ibushi is coming in the addition of both of them could make this the most insane match in years. 

Probably be fucking Jericho though.

Sometimes fantasy booking brings some cracking ideas that make a lot of sense.

39 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Will Ospreay should be the BCC 5th man, that would be ideal.

I stand corrected.

52 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Sometimes fantasy booking brings some cracking ideas that make a lot of sense.

I stand corrected.

I know you are trying to be clever, but it's hardly fantasy booking. I just think he should be the BCC's 5th man.

Obvious history with Omega, aligned himself with Don Callis at the last PPV.

Why wouldn't he be a good fit?

Edited by The King of Old School

• Paid Members

I'm now going to be absolutely gutted if the fifth BCC member isn't Ospreay. His history with Omega makes that a perfect fit. Maybe it's blind optimism but the Jericho thing feels like it's being worked as a decoy to me. 

3 minutes ago, Chunk said:

I'm now going to be absolutely gutted if the fifth BCC member isn't Ospreay. His history with Omega makes that a perfect fit. Maybe it's blind optimism but the Jericho thing feels like it's being worked as a decoy to me. 

Working the G1 18th & 21st. Technically can squeeze it in, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.