Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members

I genuinely don't know how to react to all that's going on, other than I'm genuinely heartbroken. Yiz have no idea how much I love (and simultaneously detest) that club, but yesterday broke me. 

The fans that dragged that team over the line last year and gave every screed of positivity they had within them, to Lampard and those players - who reciprocated in kind - have been torn asunder.

There's those of us who don't ask for much - no airs and graces, no delusions of grandeur, no entitlement to be challenging for the top six because 40 fucking years ago we had a decent team - but just want to see a bit of bollocks shown by the players, a bit of passion and fight and we're happy and in love with the club and all about it. Then there's those who feel we should be on par with the Manchester clubs, the other mob across the park, Spurs and Arsenal, while playing like 1970s Brazil because 40 fucking years ago we had a decent bastard team, and those fans have done my poxy head in for the guts of my whole adult tenure as a blue. Especially the Park Enders and when I'm unlucky enough to have to sit there. (Those from the area know what I mean).

Fans have a right to protest, boo, cheer, vent their frustrations, ask for change, demand change even. Most fans and most clubs do this and there's a right way of doing that. What the cunts don't have a right to do is confront players and their children, or chase cars down the road, send death threats to people threatenening both them AND their families because the scrotes want a reason to be aggressive and aren't happy unless they have an excuse to be angry. 

I think - I truly believe - we're gone this year, because the club is broken. The fans have turned on the board, the board turned on the fans and threw them under the bus with their mad passive aggressive 'club statement' , the fans finally turned on the players and Frank, the players will again reciprocate in kind (Coady is now liking Wolves social media posts again, etc), and no player is going to want to come to this skidmark of a club as it stands, and I wouldn't blame them. Few years down the Championship and League One should put some manners on us. 

videotogif_2023_01.15_09_42_54.gif.5b03fc82b31e135c559b85ff2731931a.gif

5 hours ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Fans have a right to protest, boo, cheer, vent their frustrations, ask for change, demand change even. Most fans and most clubs do this and there's a right way of doing that. What the cunts don't have a right to do is confront players and their children, or chase cars down the road, send death threats to people threatenening both them AND their families because the scrotes want a reason to be aggressive and aren't happy unless they have an excuse to be angry. 

In hindsight, I’m very happy this Chris Coleman response was the worst it got with us in terms on confrontations with fans.

spacer.png

For me, the most annoying thing about this afternoon was Merson saying "Seeseeyon" and Redknapp saying "Kulachevski" Pair of pricks.

Speaking of pricks, in no particular order, this lot acted like them today: Conte, Lloris, Conte, Saka, Romero, Hojbjerg, Conte, Lloris and Conte. 

• Paid Members

Why did you just run on and kick Ramsdale, @SuperBacon?

Massive result and sets up the biggest Arsenal/United game for a very long time. 8 points clear and 14 points ahead of 5th- top 4 is looking good. Very disciplined performance, as hoped we have learnt a lot from the last game we played there. 

Edit: oh and it was nice to see the ref paying attention to the 'kick Saka' game plan every team have these days. Makes a nice change. 

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Are United and Arsenal gonna fight it out for the title whilst Newcastle push for top four like I’m back in year 10 watching Liverpool play Brondby in the UEFA Cup?

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is going to fuck it all up for us by scoring when we play Leeds.

Richard Keys' odd obsession with Arteta continues. He's now blaming HIM for the Spurs fan trying to kick Ramsdale! Stupid fucking hairy-handed, daughter's-friend-violating, Qatarophilic prick. 

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Richard Keys' odd obsession with Arteta continues. He's now blaming HIM for the Spurs fan trying to kick Ramsdale! Stupid fucking hairy-handed, daughter's-friend-violating, Qatarophilic prick. 

And worst of all, he supports Coventry. 

14 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Someone described Keys as the Farage of Football and its incredibly accurate.

Also Arteta was pretty calm during that game. He didn't have anything to worry about