Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members

Trying not to be too absolutely fucking delighted about this news because we haven't seen who might be buying them next yet and knowing United it will be Gerald Ratner.

But just thank fuck they're going. They have achieved and brought nothing to the club and taken plenty for that nothing. All the supporter groups have to unite now and ensure that the next owners have the club's best interests at heart and not their financial portfolios. The first thing those new owners need to do is immediately start repairing the crumbling stadium or prepare for moving to a new one.

I remember when they started buying up a percentage of the shares at the club and an NFL expert was on Sky Sports News explaining how United fans shouldn't be buoyed by the investment and success the Glazers had brought to the Buccaneers because they would likely to see United as the quickest way of regaining their investments. Nobody listened and the rest was history.

They represent everything wrong with the game. Left the club in a terrible state whilst getting even richer in the process and, as Devon said, using it as a sort of financial feeder club for the Bucks. Fuck the Glazers, and fuck Tom Brady. 

36 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

All the supporter groups have to unite now and ensure that the next owners have the club's best interests at heart and not their financial portfolios.

Do they actually have a say in the matter? Like a vote on the board or something?

• Paid Members

Expect Jim Ratcliffe to get involved soon. And by "get involved" I mean tell all the newspapers he's interested in buying, sit at home having tuggies over seeing his name in the news throughout the whole sale process and then maybe putting in a bid after it's already been sold elsewhere. The big-mouthed helmet.

• Paid Members

It'd be the third major club he'll pretend to buy within the space of a year, right? Chelsea, and I'm sure I saw his name pop up elsewhere recently. Liverpool perhaps?

With his Chelsea 'bid', I remember him harping on about how he would spearhead a BRITISH bid for a BRITISH club that should have BRITISH ownership. The cunt changed his residency to Monaco 2 years ago to save £4bn in tax.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Do they actually have a say in the matter? Like a vote on the board or something?

They don't have a vote but if the fanbase actually connects and makes an effort to bring in the support from overseas and 'daytrippers' rather than isolating them and treating them like second class fans, then there's significant power to stand in front of the club and demand the ownership model that the club needs. There needs to be a clear direction with demands and protests and twerking for Jim Ratcliffe is an already worrying early development. He's the new Michael Knighton, which is apt considering Knighton's been sniffing around again.

I do agree but I think in this day and age, and culture, it’s pie in the sky. Do you think the Glazers would’ve thought twice if faced with that? Fans are an afterthought now, isn’t there a stat that showed some clubs would still turn a profit with zero ticket sales because of “Advanced revenue streams”. 

It would be great if it happened but I think some fan elements think they’re more important to a club than they are. I’m particularly looking at those green brigade nonces in the scotch league. Most Top flight owners aren’t there for community or outreach, they are about profit. Only the plaything owners are different. It used to wind me up chronic when I’d see people at Old Trafford getting out the green and gold scarves whilst wearing this years top. Way to miss the point!

Obviously it’s on a much much smaller scale with my own club but you’re absolutely bang on about fan solidarity, the factional elements of supporters battling themselves is annoying. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I do agree but I think in this day and age, and culture, it’s pie in the sky. Do you think the Glazers would’ve thought twice if faced with that? Fans are an afterthought now, isn’t there a stat that showed some clubs would still turn a profit with zero ticket sales because of “Advanced revenue streams”.

Absolutely. Especially if said protests were a direct attack on the club's profits rather than walking down the street with green and yellow flairs. When the groups organised, they were able to get a game against Liverpool postponed. They showed what could have been done and there should have been a lot more protests like that, not to mention focusing more on getting people to stop buying official merchandise to cut the revenue streams.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

The thing with FSG selling us is that as an investment firm they care a lot about their reputation. So when selling us they do care about who they sell us too. That’s why we’ll probably go to another group of rich Americans and not some oil rich state with dodgy human rights. It’s also hopefully why they won’t sell us to some self leveraged buyout cunts. Obviously money will be the main factor but all things being equal I don’t see us winning the football lottery.  The Glazers seem to have less than desirable morals when it comes to United so they could end up like City and Newcastle or it could be like the Hydra equivalent of Yankee shitcunts.

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Absolutely. Especially if said protests were a direct attack on the club's profits rather than walking down the street with green and yellow flairs. When the groups organised, they were able to get a game against Liverpool postponed. They showed what could have been done and there should have been a lot more protests like that, not to mention focusing more on getting people to stop buying official merchandise to cut the revenue streams.

The trouble is we know it would never happen, fan groups can organise all they like but with a club the size of Man Utd, any owner and prospective owner knows that they make up a small percentage of the fan base and their seats will be sold to those on the waiting lists. Most fans simply don’t care and owners know this. 

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

It would be great if it happened but I think some fan elements think they’re more important to a club than they are. I’m particularly looking at those green brigade nonces in the scotch league. 

The Green Brigade barely have sway with other Celtic fans never mind the board. Displays aside, they’re an embarrassment and mostly just teenagers doing a bit of Ultras cosplay.