Which AEW signings were mistakes?

RedRooster

• Paid Members

People who say names like Colt Cabana I don’t think realise that they have backstage jobs in the company. Leva Bates, Daniels and Kazarian, Dr Luther are just a few of those who also have corporate roles. So that’s the main reason they are hired by AEW.

• Paid Members

Mercedes Martinez is a good shout. I just don’t get it. She’s sporadically bounced between AEW and NXT for what feels like years now, and all she ever seems to have going for her is that she’s a veteran who’s been doing it for ages. So what. She’s rubbish. The closest thing she’s had to a memorable match is when everything fell apart when she wrestled Thunder Rosa. Other than that she’s been mostly worthless.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Supremo said:

Mercedes Martinez is a good shout. I just don’t get it. She’s sporadically bounced between AEW and NXT for what feels like years now, and all she ever seems to have going for her is that she’s a veteran who’s been doing it for years. So what. She’s rubbish. The closest thing she’s had to a memorable match is when everything fell apart when she wrestled Thunder Rosa. Other than that she’s been mostly worthless.

Add Impact into that as well and the only thing I remember is her getting knocked out cold by Xia Li. 

The Vickie/Nyla pairing still baffles me.

Nyla clearly does not need someone to do the talking for her or an interference runner for cheap heat.

And even if she did there are better options out there. Smart Mark Sterling for example. 

Didn't they tease a split between Vickie and Nyla a good while back?