Non-Wrestlers at Wrestlemania

Sheffbag

Which non wrestler should go on the roster  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Given that 3 (or 5 depending on if you view Austin or McMahon as wrestlers) of the matches at WM38 featured people who were non wrestlers before hand and Bad Bunny was great the year before, which of the 4 should be given a contract (if possible)

And who would you want to see in a match next year?

I think part of what made them so enjoyable was the shock value of how good they were, and that really only works in isolation. Once you give them a contract and they do the same shit all the time it becomes far less impressive. So I'm not sure I see any value of any of them being regulars.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

I dont know why the hype around bad bunny exists, who the hell he is, why he even has any recognition as being a rapper or a "wrestler" but nahhh that dude gets a big NO from me. 

Genuinely one of the biggest music acts in the world of the last few years and the most streamed artist on Spotify for the last two years. Just because a load of UK wrestling fans haven't heard of him, doesn't mean he isn't a megastar.

27 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I dont know why the hype around bad bunny exists, who the hell he is, why he even has any recognition as being a rapper or a "wrestler" but nahhh that dude gets a big NO from me. 

over 17 Billion streams on Spotify in 2020-21 of his music. More than any other musician in the world both years.

First Latin singer on front of Rolling Stone magazine

Appeared at Superbowl halftime show

the hype is real

People seem to be forgetting that we already saw what McAfee was capable of in NXT. Out of the 4 options he's the one with the love for it and I would guess the time to donate to training to really give it his all and get fucking good on a full time basis.

• Paid Members

If I was Mcafee I probably wouldn't bother going full time. He doesn't need the cash, exposure or the abuse of the body a standard wrestler schedule requires. 

As said already, less is always more in WWE, so rolling him out every so often for a pop and a impressive showing seems sensible. He seems so respected by Vince that I reckon they'd go as far to give him a title run whilst he was still on comms. 

He's got it made. 

• Paid Members

I voted for Logan Paul on the basis he was ace in basically every way and I could genuinely see him doing this shit full time if he wanted.

Bunny has been great too though, and it's stuck with me how when given the opportunity to talk about his upcoming match in the last few moments of The Bump (before the night 2 pre-show started last year), Randy Orton instead chose to spend 5 minutes putting Bunny over, along the lines of "thanks for showing respect, working hard and doing it the right way, you're welcome in my locker room any day". If you're alright by Randy, you're alright by me.

(That may have said as much about where Randy was with the Fiend feud and what was going to transpire a couple of hours later, though...)

• Paid Members

I didn't catch WM, but out of all of those, Logan Paul probably has the most "leaway" when it comes to doing anything, because his career is pretty much being a celeb, which is fairly open-ended - his job is basically to be watched by people who want to know what he's up to next. Because he's been doing boxing, he's in fairly good athletic shape, and, given his age, he could probably have a run in WWE before moving on to something else.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

Oh, its recent? I came in here expecting to espouse the performance of LT from Mania XI and the backstage antics of Burt at X.

2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

The whole "who is this rapper, never 'erd of him" thing has an odd smell to it.

That would be me, but I'm working on it.

I blame the fact that after a certain age you become completely ignorant to "big names" in genres you have zero interest in. It happened to my dad, it happened to me.

3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I think part of what made them so enjoyable was the shock value of how good they were, and that really only works in isolation. Once you give them a contract and they do the same shit all the time it becomes far less impressive. So I'm not sure I see any value of any of them being regulars.

This is the way. Although Logan Paul would probably be the best option here even taking that into account. He can go. 

Clearly nobody showed Jackass to Vince back in the day, or he'd have bought it and turned it into the third brand. Poo Cocktail? Are you fucking kidding me?