WWE scrapping COVID testing

FUM

• Paid Members

Has it actually be confirmed other than the Fightful article that WWE have stopped testing? I haven't seen it anywhere else and you would imagine this would be a big story to run, sloppy shop, if you will. 

Would certainly have thought Tony Khan and / or the AEW lot would have made comment about AEW testing etc.

Wouldn’t they say something along the lines of how they aren’t their employees so the onus lies with the contractor to get tested? I imagine if you’re self employed and say you have to isolate then you ain’t getting paid. If WWE say you’re available for work but because we tested you we have to still pay you then they aren’t going to go down that route. Does that make sense?

WWE test you and you isolate - you still get paid

You self test and isolate - You ain’t getting paid. 

18 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Has it actually be confirmed other than the Fightful article that WWE have stopped testing? I haven't seen it anywhere else and you would imagine this would be a big story to run, sloppy shop, if you will. 

Would certainly have thought Tony Khan and / or the AEW lot would have made comment about AEW testing etc.

I would say Fightful is probably the most reliable wrestling news source in 2021/2 tbh.

I don’t see why AEW would comment on a WWE happening.

• Paid Members

Any one thinking WWE shouldn’t be testing “contractors” in such a high-contact profession as wrestling is absolutely off their rocker.

No one should be getting near a wrestling ring where they’re going to start performing, breathing heavier, and have actual, prolonged physical contact with a colleague* without ensuring they’re free of COVID.

* Hello, out of context thread. 

Considering how many idiots they have on their books I wouldn't be surprised if they got fed up of people sulking about it backstage. They've got people like Styles who's travelled the world and still think it's flat, can you imagine how much he probably sulks about Covid not being real and how it's against his liberties to test him. 

I don't doubt that a good percentage of the wrestlers are actually pleased about this. 

Obviously it shouldn't matter. They should carry on testing regardless. 

1 hour ago, Vamp said:

Considering how many idiots they have on their books I wouldn't be surprised if they got fed up of people sulking about it backstage. They've got people like Styles who's travelled the world and still think it's flat, can you imagine how much he probably sulks about Covid not being real and how it's against his liberties to test him. 

I don't doubt that a good percentage of the wrestlers are actually pleased about this. 

Obviously it shouldn't matter. They should carry on testing regardless. 

You have to factor in that macho alpha male bullshit of how they’re in too good shape to be affected by something that only old and unhealthy people die from.