Fight Announcement Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Oh shit!

I’m in two minds on this. On the one hand, of course I’m looking forward to it. But it’s got a hell of a tough act to follow and, while I’m still expecting a fun fight, I doubt it can live up to how good that first fight was. Especially considering Joanna hasn’t fought since and it’s been over two years now. Still, not gonna complain. At this point they’re both out of the title picture, Joanna with the layoff and both are 0-2 down to Rose. Why the fuck not? 

0214E614-331F-49D9-BD7B-6A62B12FA37B.gif

DD00EB9C-C9D6-4AE5-A1C7-D392E509CEDD.jpeg

• Paid Members
On 4/9/2022 at 7:44 AM, wandshogun09 said:

Oh shit!

I’m in two minds on this. On the one hand, of course I’m looking forward to it. But it’s got a hell of a tough act to follow and, while I’m still expecting a fun fight, I doubt it can live up to how good that first fight was. Especially considering Joanna hasn’t fought since and it’s been over two years now. Still, not gonna complain. At this point they’re both out of the title picture, Joanna with the layoff and both are 0-2 down to Rose. Why the fuck not? 

0214E614-331F-49D9-BD7B-6A62B12FA37B.gif

DD00EB9C-C9D6-4AE5-A1C7-D392E509CEDD.jpeg

It's the fight that makes sense for both. A re-match of one of the best fights in company history. Of course it can't live up to the first, but it makes all the sense in the world to do. I'm actually surprised Joanna is coming back, I thought she was quietly done. However she could be picking her spot nicely here, with Zhang being the one since that fight to incur further damage. Joanna may have lost a decent piece of herself in the cage that night, but so did Zhang. I'm glad they didn't auto re-match it, but it's the right time to do it now for both I think. 

• Paid Members

Mokaev’s next fight is booked.

Looking like this is gonna be the next UK card and I’m seeing some talk that this is gonna be UFC 277. A PPV. That would be the first PPV we’ve had over here since Bisping vs Hendo 2 back in 2016. Taking it with a bowl of salt for now because it’s all just rumours but if it ends up being true then I’m guessing Usman vs Edwards 2 will headline. It’s the most obvious choice if they’re doing PPV over here and July was the target for that fight anyway from what I’d been reading and hearing. 

• Paid Members

Wow, that's a hell of a main. Can't help but wonder if this is a bridge too far for Aspinall at this point, though. Whilst he's no-one to be slept on, I'd have thought Lewis would be the more graduated choice, before putting him in with Blaydes or perhaps Rozenstruik.

• Paid Members

Yeah, it's a weird one and has potential to go tits up infront of that crowd. 

With Jones/Stipe being speculated for later this year I assumed Aspinal Tuivasa was a lock for this. Gane/Tuivasa is now rumoured too. 

• Paid Members

One thing that's surprised me: I thought that Blaydes, having been around a while, would be a fair bit older, and that Aspinall, being an up-and-comer, was quite young - but there's only two years' difference between them. Blaydes is 31, and Aspinall's 29. So this is basically a Next Generation match. 

One thing I have noticed (and it seems to have been something long established, since the SEG days) is that a highly-skilled wrestler has much more potential to be a banana-skin than a striker (barring guys with nukes like Ngannou). Possibly because they have more than one route to victory, I guess. But Blaydes is legit; I'm hoping that Aspinall's submission game is good enough to make him pay for grappling, though.