Fight Announcement Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

With the French tendency to re-initialise things to match the French translation of whatever it is, I'm surprised they haven't taken the opportunity to re-brand for the French market as "FUC".

Actually, properly thinking about it, they could be "Championnat Ultime de Combat", or "CUC". Could get Adam Bowler in on it.

• Paid Members

Even though the Bivol fight derailed Canelo's fight, its still the fight to make as it's probably the last chance. If Canelo wins I hope he stays at 168 and starts knocking off the guys coming up.

• Paid Members

That Tsarukyan vs Gamrot fight is now headlining the June 25th card!

Thought something was up when they made it 5 rounds despite it supposedly being lined up to co-main. This is exactly the kind of fight you want headlining Fight Nights. Two actual legitimate potential contenders who deserve the spotlight. There’s plenty of these fights they can make as well, there’s no need on a roster so big to have the likes of Aspen Ladd and 40 year old Holly Holm main eventing in 2022. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

agree 100% with that Wand. 

I think the UFC has been burned by enough Holly Holm 5 rounders now, or generally any women's fight over 5, when was the last good one?

There must've been a good Nunes or Sheva one, surely? Just looking up Nunes' defence against Holm, she got POTN for that fight.

• Paid Members

Marina Rodriguez vs Mackenzie Dern from last year wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t amazing either. Then there’s been others like Jessica Andrade vs Amanda Lemos that was scheduled for 5 rounds but ended quick. On the whole though, outside of title fights, the women’s Fight Night headliners have been mostly shite.

If we are counting title fights though, @Carbomb I’m surprised you missed out the GOAT women’s fight. 

5F999112-31B7-4356-9C7F-E5B9A0455C1F.gif