The PFL Thread 💰

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah, it's been confirmed that it's free on Channel 4. There were some worries that they'd stick it behind a paywall. It's a bit of a shame that they've stuck this on PPV in America because that's all anyone is talking about. It's a $50 and everyone is expecting it to tank badly. 

• Paid Members

PFL good to go this evening on Channel 4, looking forward to this:

Screenshot_20221125-151957_Instagram.jpg.0363c327d6b7c68b10e65c102a677763.jpg

Going Kayla, Jenkins, Delija, Aubin-Mercier, Sy & Wilkinson for the wins. Hope i'm wrong about the two Brits though.

The main card is live on Channel 4 from 1am. Prelims & Main Card are on youtube from 10.30pm, here's the link...

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

managed to avoid results and finally watched it... glad I did.

The show was really good. The worry of 6 title fights only really came to light in the stinker Sy/Taylor fight. The rest of the title fights were worth a watch, and the stakes involved really added to the drama in the fights. No word yet on how the show did on PPV, but I'm assuming it wasn't pretty, just hope it doesn't have any effect on the promotion going into 2023.

Harrison/Pacheco was excellent, what a battle. Harrison losing was a shocker, but Pacheco was the right winner. I had it the same as the judges 48-47 giving Pacheco 2, 4 & 5. Pacheco just did damage any chance she got. If Harrison shot in or got Pacheco down, Pacheco would punish her for doing so by just continually hitting her with hard hammers fists. One of the performances of the year, and odd's wise maybe the biggest upset. Great stuff.

Brendan fucking Loughnane. 

Brendan's rise to prominence after that terrible DWCS situation has been one of the better stories of the year. Brendad looked and felt like a bit of star throughout this whole thing, such a likeable character too. There's calls for him to go back to the UFC but i'm happy with him in the PFL. He's won the tournament the hard way, great.

FieX4RGXwAEL7cX.thumb.jpg.2788a57b1c72b691e0f1d12d5942aa02.jpg

What a guy! 

The rest was decent too! Wilkinson/Akmhedov was just brutal. Rob Wilkinson is another like Loughnane who has just been re-born in the PFL, the guy looks abit of a beast at 205lb, finishing everyone. In any other fight i'd imagine Omari would have hit the deck sooner but he really wanted that money, gutsy performance, hats off.

FidE2aFWIAE4sao.thumb.jpg.dbe0ef28a28fb08161e1292f17a0323c.jpg

Outside of that, Ante Delja cruised to the heavyweight title, he's a handful, he's someone I would like to see in the UFC. Aubin-Mercier starched Stevie Ray in round 2, Aubin-Mercier another real PFL success story.

Then there's Marlon Moraes getting stopped in his return. Felt a bit for Moraes, he was comfortably ahead going into round 3 and just got caught. The guy can't catch a break.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

He’s on about fighting Nate Diaz in an 2 fight deal apparently. Once in Boxing then a rematch in MMA for PFL. I think as soon as Nate parted ways with the UFC everyone saw something like this coming. It’s the only thing worthwhile out there for him really now and he’ll clean up financially.

I’m not a fan of the Pauls but this is big for MMA and huge for PFL specifically. Although, him being a part owner of the promotion he fights for is a bit dodgy as far as conflict of interest goes. He’s basically gonna just do a Dusty Rhodes and book himself as champ, isn’t he? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

The PFL Challengers Series shows have started, week 3 is Friday. No big deal really, but it's an excuse to post this photo of Raz Hylton who fights at Heavyweight (and you may remember from a weird ass Bellator fight), what a strange looking cat:

20230208_113758.thumb.jpg.15d0fb02a18244c53e5498cb2d2a26c1.jpg

Edited by Egg Shen

• 1 month later...

I’m heading up to Newcastle Saturday for the start of the PFL Europe series.

I like the idea of a development series where the winner can get entered into the PFL tournament proper, and think it could be good for non-UFC level MMA in this country.

• Paid Members

ahh nice one @d-d-d-dAzi'll be tuning in.

Quite interested to see how it plays out, the card is pretty much made up of European fighters 90% of the paying audience won't have heard of. I think the PFL have done a great job of making Simeon Powell and Dakota Dicheva feel like stars, but I don't think to point that they are shifting many tickets. That said I do love the PFL concept and if the European ones works anything like as well as the main series you'll soon get to know the fighters involved. 

Hope it pans out, then the main season starts next weekend 😎