The PFL Thread 💰

Egg Shen

I heard 5 out of 10 fighters in one of the leagues got popped? Do the PFL use USADA? I haven't been keeping track of the story, so how in 2023 did all these fighters get done for PEDs? Did they just not think they were going to get tested? Was it suprise testing? 

Edited by Dai

• Paid Members

It was testing by the Vegas commission I believe. I listenened to an interview with Brendan Loughnane yesterday and he said the fighters are aware drug testing is in place, so to have so many fighters pop in a short period is crazy. It was a mix of everyone too, Champions, PFL vets and a couple of the big names UFC names who were making their debuts.

• Paid Members

Amazing that so many fighters suddenly failed commission teats. The ones you fucking know are happening and when. Gross incompetence, stupidity, or some purple headed, vindictive, multi millionaire is sneaking in like the Pink Panther at midnight and spiking the water. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

This is a barmy one. The PFL suspended two fighters on Saturday for basically not giving it their all. It was well documented beforehand that Manfio and Schulte were good friends and it appears the PFL thinks they went easy on each other. The suspension allowed Shane Burgos to move on despite not scoring enough points to qualify. Not seen the fight yet, but thats a pretty mental turn of events:

• Paid Members

From the description I heard on the Co-Main event podcast, my sympathy is with the fighters here. It sounds like it was a pretty terrible fight, but what is to be expected when the two guys in the cage are full on best friends, godfather's to children, bailed the other out financially when they were broke, lived in each others house and describe their friendship as a gift from God? 

I gotta think the employer should anticipate a problem when they put them in a position to fight each other. Ultimately both will have been better served being in a different weight class/promotion from the other though. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

the 3rd PFL Europe show goes down in Paris tomorrow. Sold out arena, great looking card! PFL Europe is the most i've been excited about an MMA promotion in a while. For whatever reason the whole thing seems to be clicking, selling out arenas, signing big names and making their own stars out of nothing. Been listening to Dan Hardy talk about the promotion's plans and seems there's some big stuff coming up. The promotion has Ariel Helwani promoting it too and talking it up which always helps.

PFL debuts for Cedric Doumbe and The Lazy King head it, but the the PFL has me invested in the UK and Irish names they've brought on board, I'm looking forward to most of this.

F7MrNzHXwAESQQ-.thumb.jpg.8e89e9051080d3dc20934c65bd578b40.jpg