The PFL Thread 💰

Egg Shen

On 3/27/2023 at 5:37 PM, Egg Shen said:

how was it @d-d-d-dAz?

I think the show probably went as well as a launch show could go. Sold it out, good presentation, good fights, couple of big finishes and Simeon Powell looks like a star.

I’m interested to see how they get on in a non-English speaking market.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

yeah, I read it was sold out, great to see! how many fans were in there would you say?

I'm really glad the UFC isn't running this weekend, lets the first main PFL get a bit of shine, they are rolling out some big names too. Great mix of names that established themselves in the PFL, new signings, vets and a couple of wild cards, it's gonna be good.

• 1 month later...
  • Egg Shen changed the title to The PFL Thread 💰 - Ngannou Signs with the PFL!
  • Paid Members

Y'know what? I would absolutely love it if Big Fran went and picked up the title belts of the PFL and then Bellator. Plastic Caesar would lose his fucking mind.

1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

Y'know what? I would absolutely love it if Big Fran went and picked up the title belts of the PFL and then Bellator. Plastic Caesar would lose his fucking mind.

To be honest, I don't think he'd care. He'd talk about the ratings or PPV buys which he's the main event on and just rip the piss about how 'poorly' the event did, whilst bragging about how well his events were doing. 

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Dai said:

Shocker, as I'm sure it was all in my new feeds about how they pulled out of negotiations with him just a matter of days ago. 

not sure if that was the PFL? might be wrong though.

I had a feeling it was always going to go this way, especially considering the PFL will allow its fighters to box in certain circumstances. The Jack Paul association must have helped too.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Dai said:

To be honest, I don't think he'd care. He'd talk about the ratings or PPV buys which he's the main event on and just rip the piss about how 'poorly' the event did, whilst bragging about how well his events were doing. 

Oh, I think he'd do the former, which is why he would do the latter. He'd be desperate to shrug it all off, but he'd be internally seething, I reckon. Especially when Ngannou starts talking about having made more money in the PFL than he ever did in the UFC.

PFL need to introduce Nagannou and the undisputed heavyweight champion of MMA. I doubt they'd get away with mentioning the UFC, but seeing as the UFC title holders are generally considered the very best in the sport, it would be a legit claim.

And would also continue the narrative that he's the legitimate UFC heavyweight champion.