UFC 260: Miocic vs Ngannou 2 - Mar 27 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Didn’t even think of none of the current champs being American. Well, technically Aljamain Sterling is at Bantamweight. 

The Jones fight might be dead in the water. Jones is currently tweeting and deleting stuff like this...

3B060CF7-4DE4-4131-81AA-2EA96DB4AAE6.jpeg

Jones is absolutely terrible at holding UFC to ransom and we both know Aljamain ain't the real champ!

Ngannou's improvements have come through training at Xtreme Couture. 

Apparently Randy doesn't own the gym or even coach there anymore. But since he founded the gym, and because I like him, I think he deserves all of the credit for Ngannou's recent success. 

All hail Old Sleazy. 

Edited by jimufctna24

Ngannou looked 100 times better than in their first fight, the only thing he has left to answer would be question marks over the gas tank. 

Word to my least favourite fighter to watch on planet earth Tyrone Woodley, who overcame his yips and turned up to throw down. Delighted that Luque won, but wouldn't be too upset if UFC kept that version of Woodley around for a few more fights. 

• Paid Members

Apart from Ngannou, are there any money opponents at HW? If Stipe does retire, I'd like it to be against someone who can sort a big pay-off for him to ride off into into the sunset with. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Apart from Ngannou, are there any money opponents at HW? If Stipe does retire, I'd like it to be against someone who can sort a big pay-off for him to ride off into into the sunset with. 

not really, closest thing Stipe ever had to a rival was DC but that series was settled. 

Going from Miocic' press release it sounds like he's gonna continue fighting. So he may just get back in line. Ifche doesn't get an immediate rematch, Miocic/Blaydes is there to be made.

The smart thing would be to do Ngannou vs Jones, with the winner facing Miocic next. Gives Stipe a chance to recover and regroup, and lets Ngannou get that spotlight ahead of the Jones fight.

Of course, the UFC won't do that. Dana's already putting his ego in the way of backing down to Jones.

• Paid Members

Yeh that's a good shout. With Dana already stating that Derrick Lewis is gonna get a shot ane with Stipe not exactly being the company darling, i think we may see him fight someone else first though.

Edited by Egg Shen

Honestly though, because we're kind of in the bubble, I think we sometimes fail to see how absolutely ridiculous Dana White is.

I can think of no other sport where a single promoter would be in a position to sanction a fight between possibly the greatest to ever do it and a wrecking machine of a heavyweight champion and claim that it's not the fight to make.

Not only that, but to then go on and hint that said greatest to ever do it and a guy he's personally claimed is the greatest of all time on numerous occasions is actually scared to fight!

And people wonder why the UFC is still regarded as something of a weird WWE spin-off by many in the legit sports world? Fucking hell man. 

And for anyone who's backing White against Jones wanting paid? Well, fuck you. Honestly. His last fight for a championship saw him take home $540,000. And this is the guy that is considered the best to ever do it? Half a million fucking dollars? And I don't care about discretionary bonuses. Pay these guys the money contractually, not based on Dana White enjoying the fight and deciding to throw them some extra coin because he's in a good mood. 

Think about this: LeBron takes home $40 million per year basic. Mike Trout takes home around $50 million per year. Canelo Alvarez makes anywhere from $20-$35 million per fight. Anthony Joshua makes anywhere from $25-$32 million per fight.

Now, of course Jones isn't entitled to LeBron or Trout money, but can anyone seriously argue against both him and Ngannou being worth $5-$10 mill each for this fight? At least? This isn't just a "well, it's a big fight for 2021" scenario. This could be absolutely monumental in the history of the sport if the UFC did it right.

Imagine if they waited until shit cleared up and went down the Rumble in the Jungle route? A fight like this in Nigeria or some shit? Usman on the undercard? It would be a fight card we'd be talking about for decades.

Yet UFC are happy to not only blatantly tell us that they're going to pass on the biggest fight to save some dollars and will instead choose a challenger who'll want far less, but they're going to expect the majority of their fans to still pay top fucking dollar for it! 

The worst thing is? The chumps who follow this sport will buy it. Jones is scared, he's greedy, and so on. If this fight doesn't happen, and Ngannou and Jones don't get that bumper payday then fuck the UFC. Seriously.

• Paid Members

I don't think anyone here would disagree with you, Dave. Hell, I call him "Plastic Caesar" because of you! 

I would say maybe the only reason why I wouldn't make Ngannou/Jones right away would be marketing - give Big Fran some matches to wreck some fools and build up this monster champion aura, and then pitch the fight against Jones.

But that would be predominantly marketing, and not a necessary thing to do (although I must admit, I'd like Francis to get some defences in, be the legit champ he deserves to be seen as). Either way, it's not the reason White is giving for not making it.

You know me - can't stand Jones. But anyone who says he doesn't warrant the big money is fucking deluded, and White is the biggest fool of the lot.

But then are we surprised? When Plastic Caesar doesn't get his way, or someone dares to fight for better pay from the yellow-dog, Republican sack of shit, he starts throwing wild accusations, lies, and pejoratives like a monkey flinging shit everywhere. He's a fucking child.

Edited by Carbomb

8 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

you can't risk having a few build up matches in Heavyweight MMA. You gotta make the fight now.

It's not often I admit that the Ebbster is right, but on this he's bang on the money. @Carbombwhat happens if they delay the Jones fight, put Ngannou in there with Lewis, and Lewis wins a decision? That's the whole thing fucked!