UFC 260: Miocic vs Ngannou 2 - Mar 27 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Stipe trained and had a game plan for the Ngannou of 2018. The way Ngannou fought on the night meant that was always not going to work. Stipe is so well rounded and mentally tough that I have no doubt he'll make further adjustments.

I think the plan to drain Ngannou in the later rounds is solid but you've just got to try and get him there. Be interesting to see if a heavier Stipe does better with that takedown too. He was about two stone lighter than Ngannou, which is nuts.

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Stipe trained and had a game plan for the Ngannou of 2018. The way Ngannou fought on the night meant that was always not going to work. Stipe is so well rounded and mentally tough that I have no doubt he'll make further adjustments.

This is a good point. Taking out the 15 minutes of nothing against Lewis, because there was sod all to learn from that dud, we’d seen less than 3 minutes of Ngannou in the cage since Stipe dealt with him in 2018. And he was just flattening people in seconds. It was nothing we didn’t already know he was capable of and we had no way of knowing if he’d been grafting behind the scenes in camp or if he’d just been fortunate to end his last few fights early. Stipe was as in the dark as the rest of us on that. No doubt he trained with the idea that Ngannou would be improved but there really wasn’t much to go on. Stipe’s good enough that I could see him winning the rubber match. He’ll know what he’s up against now and there are things he can adjust and tweak. But at the same time, Ngannou’s going to keep working as well and he might be even better again next time. With how the first 2 fights went, a third would be fascinating.

Edit - I love this. He’s just had the biggest win of his career and he still takes a bit of time in the post-fight interview to make this kid’s day. 

Edited by wandshogun09

25 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

updated* people now suspecting it was an April Fools joke, and Dana decided to play along. What is going on😄🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah I seen that aswell haha, do America celebrate April Fools all day unlike here which ends at 12pm normally? 

It does seem a bit suspect that its happened so quick.