Terry Funk

poetofthedeed

1 hour ago, poetofthedeed said:

Ā 

Seems like the funker ain't doing so well. Hopefully just a blip in the road.

Everything you could want in a pro wrestler and then some.Ā 

Man, I hope Terry Funk gets better and lives many, many more years but that is a very unfortunate typo, which turns that tweet (almost) funny.Ā 

• Paid Members

He's been having trouble with his hip and long-term effects of his hernia surgery, I don't think there's anything life threatening.Ā 

He's recently done a Ringo, warning everyone with peace and love not to send him any more pictures to sign.

Yeah, when I read 'thoughts and prayers' my heart skipped a beat. Really only something you should use when somebody is in serious perilĀ I reckon, but don't think Dustin meantĀ any malice.Ā 

Plus, Terry Funk will outlive us all. In the end it will be him, Keith Richards, cockroaches and Triple H with the World Title.Ā 

• Paid Members

PWinsider has confirmed that it not a death knell, but with the passing of his wife, and the pain from years of injuries he is not in a good personal place at the moment. Ā Real shame, heā€™s a true legend.

• Paid Members

One of my favourite contributions of Funk to popular culture is the episode of Quantum Leap where heā€™s one of Dr Beckettā€™s opponents for the tag belts when Sam has to prevent his brother dying of a heart attack in the ring. Brilliantly the episode part adheres to kayfabe and presents wrestling as real combat (in title matches). Funks fantastic, especially when he catches Sam in a compromising position with his wife, who has a kink for watching her jealous husband beat up other men.