Best Wrestling Podcast 2020

Onyx2

Best Wrestling Podcast 2020  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Wrestle Me is hands down my favourite podcast in ages. Just two guys having a laugh every week. I am on the Patreon, and it is hilarious, plus the work Marc puts into the newsletter is ridiculous. 

I would love them to go through each Rumble match. 

13 hours ago, Nexus said:

Wrestle Me is hands down my favourite podcast in ages. Just two guys having a laugh every week. I am on the Patreon, and it is hilarious, plus the work Marc puts into the newsletter is ridiculous. 

I would love them to go through each Rumble match. 

Totally agree with this. I'm also on the Patreon, and I get more from that than I do most TV streaming services. They do a great job. It looks like this'll be the year that they actually finish going through each Wrestlemania, but I really hope they find a way to continue with the podcast. I'm not sure the Rumble would work as well as 'Mania, as it might get a bit repetitive, but maybe they could take the opportunity to review key shows and fun moments throughout history - the first ever TNA PPV, All In, the AEW Dynamite episode with the Jericho/MJF musical number, the Katie Vick episode of RAW - anything that would lend itself well to their brand of comedy. 

I think if the Wrestle Me guys spoke so lovingly and enthusiastically about stamps or trains I’d still listen. Shit, in 2021 wrestling is probably a harder sell to me than those two things. 

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Awards Moderator

I’d be totally happy with future Wrestle Me to look at individual matches like they do at Christmas. The one about Jonny Storm vs Jody Fleisch was brilliant and made me immediately want to seek it out and watch it again.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

On 1/13/2021 at 3:15 PM, Mr_Danger said:

I think if the Wrestle Me guys spoke so lovingly and enthusiastically about stamps or trains I’d still listen. Shit, in 2021 wrestling is probably a harder sell to me than those two things. 

You should try The Luke and Pete Show if you haven't already, that's Pete from Wrestle Me and radio presenter Luke Moore essentially talking shit for half-an-hour, it's absolutely brilliant. There's an episode where Marc Haynes subs in for Luke - it's great to hear the two of them (...and Alex Zane who also guests) talking about non-wrestling related things for a change. 

Gotta be Wrestle Me. Marc has such an infectious passion on any subject, and has essentially embarked on the sisphyean task of telling the history of Pro Wrestling with the reverence and irreverance it deserves. Pete is eternally game and that gung-ho open-minded mate that I'm sure many a lonely wrestling fan like me has wished they had! Podcast just don't get any better.