UFC 259: Blachowicz vs Adesanya - Mar 6 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Izzy has said he's only gonna be weighing around 195lb on fight night, no bulking up, literally looks like hes coming in at his standard walk around weight. Anyone reckon it'll be a factor?

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I haven’t given the fight a lot of thought really. It’s weird though it seemed like this was still a way off and then bam it’s here. I’d say there’s not much point in Adesanya bulking up anyway though. He’s not going to be as physically big naturally as Blachowicz no matter what he does and adding unnecessary bulk probably wouldn’t play to his strengths and lend itself to his style anyway. No doubt if Jan sparks him on Saturday then the Sunday morning hindsight pundits will say he should’ve bulked up but I don’t think that’s the answer.

If Adesanya wins on Saturday then it’ll be because of his technical and speed advantages and his accuracy. Not size and power and strength. I think he’s being smart just coming in at his natural weight because he’s probably looking to move a lot and hit and evade. If Jan can make it messy and clinch up and lean on him and rag him about a bit then the size will likely be an issue but I don’t think Adesanya adding some extra weight would make that much of a difference in that and if he’s not used to carrying that weight it could actually work against him and make him sluggish or whatever. 

I don’t know I’m just speculating. I think I’d have been more sceptical of his chances if he was making some drastic bulk up though. That rarely works out too well, especially if you’re then planning to go back down to your old weight class afterwards. If you look at the fighters who’ve transitioned up a weight class successfully and smoothly, say Michael Chiesa for a recent example, they’re not adding weight to their frame. They’re just cutting less and can compete at a more natural weight without depleting themselves so much on fight week. On the flipside, Conor McGregor came in all big and bulky against Nate Diaz the first time and, after his strong initial burst, he was knackered by early in the second round. Obviously these aren’t the exact same scenarios Izzy’s in but just examples. 

I went for Izzy by decision in the poll, but now it's nearly here, I can't stop thinking about that Polish Power. 

Not to shit in the sandwich here, but there's a part of me that wonders what the point is of him moving up. Do we think Adesanya will defend the title if he wins? Is it just all about the Jon Jones fight? 

• Paid Members

The bookies are heavily favouring Izzy. I reckon JB's plan will be to eat a couple in order to land one and/or close the distance and g&p against the cage. You could get 9/2 on Blachowicz via KO/TKO yesterday! Well worth a punt.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Panhead said:

I went for Izzy by decision in the poll, but now it's nearly here, I can't stop thinking about that Polish Power. 

Not to shit in the sandwich here, but there's a part of me that wonders what the point is of him moving up. Do we think Adesanya will defend the title if he wins? Is it just all about the Jon Jones fight? 

I dont think hes mentioned defending the 205lb belt. He's said his next move will be to go back to 185lb and defend that title, but the only fight that interests him is Darren Till. He said in his ESPN interview that he has a few cards that he's keeping close to his chest (even outside of a Jon Jones fight), so who knows?

• Paid Members

Haven’t watched anything from the presser yet but this card is starting to feel real now.

EB782444-CC5-C-4-EFE-8-E78-0062-BFE9954-

52-BBAA07-1-B16-4-A09-8850-8346039-A8412

E0365-BF3-0-BCB-4-C56-8-F87-738-A76-B9-D

The size of Megan Anderson! Not that it’ll matter on Saturday night but as Slick said in ‘Jive Soul Bro’ - “Now that is a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG woman!”