UKFF Lockdown Club

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

I've just weighed myself for the first time in 3 months and found out I'm now a lb or 2 shy of 14 stone. 

Considering I'm 5 foot 8 and I weighed around 11 stone for most of uni, it is now a bit of a worry that I'm putting weight on. My new meds I've been warned to expect a big weight gain too due to increased appetite. 

Has anyone found any good lockdown workouts with gyms etc closed. Like I'm not overly fussed about being heavier (being small has always had me be pushed around too much so the added confidence of being heavier does help) but it's about the fact of a lot of it being fat that needs burning or converting. 

Or am I just better trying to wear baggier clothing until New Year and find a gym membership then? 

Edited by Shy Dad

30 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

I've just weighed myself for the first time in 3 months and found out I'm now a lb or 2 shy of 14 stone. 

Considering I'm 5 foot 8 and I weighed around 11 stone for most of uni, it is now a bit of a worry that I'm putting weight on. My new meds I've been warned to expect a big weight gain too due to increased appetite. 

Has anyone found any good lockdown workouts with gyms etc closed. Like I'm not overly fussed about being heavier (being small has always had me be pushed around too much so the added confidence of being heavier does help) but it's about the fact of a lot of it being fat that needs burning or converting. 

Or am I just better trying to wear baggier clothing until New Year and find a gym membership then? 

Hes quite irritating but if you look for thebodycoach YouTube channel he's got tons of great HIIT workouts that are great for weight loss.

I'd also recommend an app called Weight Loss for Men. You enter some details about yourself and it provides you with daily body weight workouts.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Divorced Dad said:

Hes quite irritating but if you look for thebodycoach YouTube channel he's got tons of great HIIT workouts that are great for weight loss.

I'd also recommend an app called Weight Loss for Men. You enter some details about yourself and it provides you with daily body weight workouts.

Boss. Cheers DD, I'll make sure to check both those out after work tomorrow. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

I struggled for a bit until I got the momentum. I 100% urge you to get the ‘My Fitness Pal’ app. It helps to monitor calorie intake, along with fat/protein/carbs.

If you opt to download it (it’s free) I’ll happily talk you through the basics. It’s really easy. 
You can also sync it to a pedometer on your phone. So when you simply walk around, you gain calories that you can use on additional food etc. 
It’s all common sense stuff, but having a handy, easy to use, visual aid really, really can help. I lost 3 stone in approx 9 months by using this, but it gives you the momentum, drive and belief to take on exercise programs.

So in a nutshell, I’m 5’11. Before I used this I weighed over 16 stone. I’ve now maintained a stead 12.7 stone for approx 9 months. 
I also took up boxing approx 2 and a bit years ago.

I never would’ve achieved the weight loss, or had the confidence for boxing, if I didn’t have that initial run of weight loss, momentum and drive, and I give full credit to the app.

There is a fitness thread mate, check it out, it’s full of useful info, and the folks posting in it are very supportive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...