Greatest ever last episode.

PowerButchi

Similar to the Quantum Leap and Dinosaurs finales already mentioned I remember being absolutely crushed by the final voice-over of the Wonder Years when Kevin mentions his dad dying.  I remember loving the show at the time but I haven't seen it in at least 20 years and the fact I never really see it mentioned anywhere makes me think it wasn't as good as I seem to remember. 

The Shield gets my vote, but since that’s been mentioned I’ll throw Hannibal into the mix. I went into that final episode feeling like a show I loved was ending before its time. By the time the episode ended I felt like I didn’t want it to one back because there was no way they could top the utter perfection of that episode. Talk of a Hannibal reunion rears its head every so often but I really don’t want that to happen, as good as I’m sure it would be.

The Wonder Years, the bit where you’re looking at the Dad and you hear he died a couple of years afterwards really hits you hard.

And Prisoner: Cell Block H. Joan Ferguson finally getting hers while still berating Meg by saying “It’s my name they’re shouting Morris” as the women bay for her blood. She may have lost in the end but she’s still the one that matters.

• Paid Members

If it hadn't come back, we'd 100% be mentioning Only Fools And Horses in here. The episode with the fairytale ending was spot-on (and smartly pointing out how run-down the flats were in the previous episode, as well as running the characters through the emotional wringer).

Then they had them lose all their money and revert back to the status quo for increasingly shit specials. 

The way Futurama originally ended, with Fry & Leela getting together as the conclusion of Fry’s Holophoner Opera yet not officially together in reality was ambiguous and really well done.

That whole first run of Futurama is near perfect and the writing was much better than what The Simpsons was putting out at the time but it was always living in its shadow, the same way that American Dad does with Family Guy

TNG's "All good things..." is brilliant. Not really anything to wrap up since the show wasn't serialised as such, and they knew there were films on the way, but a genuinely great sci-fi story and the very last scene was the perfect goodbye to the small screen.

2 hours ago, Chris B said:

If it hadn't come back, we'd 100% be mentioning Only Fools And Horses in here. The episode with the fairytale ending was spot-on (and smartly pointing out how run-down the flats were in the previous episode, as well as running the characters through the emotional wringer).

Then they had them lose all their money and revert back to the status quo for increasingly shit specials. 

The nags head scene.

"

On the slate Mike? 

On the house Del" 

Tears..... Every....... Fucking...... Time.