Greatest ever last episode.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

People Just Do Nothing. 

“I think it’s safe to say that Kurupt FM has reached legendary status and if you don’t agree with that, you can fuck off.”

I just hope the movie they are making isn't shit and fuck up what was a brilliant series!

• Paid Members

Recent comedy wise, the finales of Veep and Silicon Valley are absolutely perfect. Veep for how brutally it treats all its characters and Silicon Valley for it's amazing warmth and love of it's characters. 

The Sopranos is one most people didn't like it but that's precisely why it's so good. Nothing much happens, the big mob war is a complete anti climax, almost everyone in Tony's life is either dead or despises him and he doesn't care or even notice. There's a shot of Paulie sitting outside Satriales and he's completely alone, everyone else is gone...it's brutal. Everyone in it is worse off than ever but in ways they are too selfish and ignorant to even notice.

On the animation front, Adventure Time and Gravity Falls had spectacular finales. Both pure joy. Adventure Time was running on fumes by that point but the finale brings everything together for one last hurrah and amazing ending montage. Finn evolving into a pacifist was the natural conclusion to his character. 

Avatar The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra are also up there. Avatar is absolutely epic and an action packed four partner that delivers everything the fans wanted in spades. Korra is similar but the end conflict is resolved by the hero and villain discussing their feelings and coming to an emotional understanding rather than killing eachother. The whole final 10 minutes of Korra I was sobbing happy tears.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Adventure Time was running on fumes by that point but the finale brings everything together for one last hurrah and amazing ending montage. 

I'd say the same for Regular Show (down to the comment about the montage). I didn't much care for the space stuff of the last couple series, but the finale was note perfect.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

The actual answer is the final episode of Byker Grove where it goes all meta and they find out they’re actually characters in a tv show. 

I think @Astro Hollywood wrote a good piece about it. 

And here is that piece.

(Any time there's an opportunity to shill a link, a big red batphone goes off in my house)

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Spaced. Seeing Tim finally get it and put his head on Daisy's as they watch telly, never, ever fails to choke me up.
It was just such a lovely touch.

Did you see the little easter egg on the DVD with a follow-up? It's in the little documentary when they go to the house.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

The Sopranos [snip] Everyone in it is worse off than ever but in ways they are too selfish and ignorant to even notice.

That's probably why I take The Wire over Sopranos as the literal opposite happened - Everyone is aware of the shitpile they've made but far more roses started to grow out of them. The only one who's not content with their end is Marlo and he's in a similar boat to Vic Mackey where he got 'out' but found himself hopelessly out of his wheelhouse. Good people finally had good shit happen, it just took five seasons.

Edited by seph

Came here to post Quantum Leap too. 

Tbh the ending devastated me (and still does) but that doesn't take away the fact that the episode is absolutely brilliant with such cleaver dialogue. Watching it for the first time you're just hooked on the twists and turns. Quantum Leap is probs my favourite show ever. 

Maybe an unpopular choice but my other fav show was Dream Team. Yeah it got gradually shitter after the sixth season, but the last episode was class, typical intense drama. Think I was about 17 when it finished and I'd been watching since I was about 9 or something, it truely felt like the end if an era for me, like the end of my childhood. God I loved Dream Team. 

Edited by LEGIT

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, seph said:

That's probably why I take The Wire over Sopranos as the literal opposite happened - Everyone is aware of the shitpile they've made but far more roses started to grow out of them. The only one who's not content with their end is Marlo and he's in a similar boat to Vic Mackey where he got 'out' but found himself hopelessly out of his wheelhouse. Good people finally had good shit happen, it just took five seasons.

True, but with The Wire everyone has earnt their better endings (except poor Dukie). With The Sopranos all the characters are given chances to change but they always choose not to. I love both endings, though also find The Wires ending much more satisfying.