This Weekend's Boxing 🥊

Egg Shen

I know it is not this weekends boxing but, does anyone else not get the hype for Spence and Crawford? As fighters, not the fight. It’s a great fight but i mean are they  great fighters? 
Spence best win is probably Kell Brook, who was winning the fight till about round 9 when his eye smashed up. He has beaten Porter and Garcia but both, much like Brook were past their best.

Crawford, i do  genuinally think he is a very skilled fighter, but his resume is also not great.  
i saw a pundit, may have been Atlas saying that promoters overpay fighters for shit fights in the hope they will have a huge fight and then make the money on them. So a lot of fighters are reluctant to take the inbetween fights incase they lose or look bad. 
When you look at Alvarez, how many fights he has had inthe last 18 months compared to these. It mental.

• 3 weeks later...

Watched it live thankfully, I know the broadcast started at 9:30am but then I completely forgot about it until 1pm but when I turned it on luckily it was the ring walks.

Inoue is something else, despite Fulton constantly stepping on the monsters foot to try gain an advantage you just knew he would win by KO at some point in the mid to late rounds.

Commentary was awful though.

Inoue was fantastic. His jab to the head and body was on point and he went in there and outboxed the boxer. I don't see at these lower weights who can beat him, only of he keeps going up in weight divisions can I ser someone maybe getting the better off him. It looks like it will be Marlon Tapales next in a unification fight, I believe Inoue wins that and then I see him going up to 126lbs to challenge the guys up there and take it from there.  He's one off if not the most exciting fighters on the planet. 

• Paid Members

I cant wait for tomorrow. Until this week I felt underwhelmed but following fight week content, it feels big. I think its dawning people of what they are about to witness.

Prediction? Given what Spence has gone through i've gotta lean towards Bud. Probably by decision.

• Paid Members

Yeah fancy Crawford on points, maybe even a stoppage in the later rounds but more likely points. Fuck knows really though.

I’ve felt the same as well. I really wasn’t feeling the buzz for this as much as I thought I would but I think that’s because I was always half expecting the fight to get cancelled. Now it’s almost here I think everyone’s realising it is actually gonna happen. Can’t wait. One of the few fights these days that I don’t mind paying for.