This Weekend's Boxing 🥊

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

The biggest fight of the year lands Saturday...

Allen Babic vs. Lukasz Rozanski for the WBC Bridgerweight Title.

Fn1UbbKX0AE2TpN.thumb.jpg.92d5184ce0ea1ce51b699c53c75738a3.jpg

oh, and there's a fight on Showtime PPV as well:

gervonta-kingry-davis-garcia-tmobile.thumb.jpeg.251efa8f1818fc45a5637961b5ebca03.jpeg  

A blockbuster of the highest order. The two biggest young stars in the sport fighting in their primes, this is what is should always be about!

28-0 vs 23-0, 93% ko ratio vs. 83% ko ratio, both massive names with very distinctive fan bases, this thing is gonna be bedlam. In terms of the fight, Tank is the favorite, but i've always quite fancied Garcia to beat him. Tank has a habit of sleeping early on in fights and gives away rounds, his KO power always catches up with opponents but against a slickster like Garcia I do think Garcia may pull away, hold onto a lead and win it on the cards. Going by the bookies they think that to be an unlikely scenario but that's my gut feeling.

The fight lands on DAZN over here, it's a part of the usual subscription too which is nice.

PPV Main Card is follows:

Gervonta Davis vs. Ryan Garcia

David Morrell vs. Yamaguchi Falcao

Gabriel Rosado vs. Bektimir Melikuziev

Elijah Garcia vs. Kevin Salgado

DAZN have a show in Cardiff too leading in which is solid.

rakhimov-cordina-dazn.thumb.jpeg.fbce4060334879a3d0584bc0020800b3.jpeg

Joe Cordina attempts to regain the IBF Belt he never lost against Shavkatdzon Rakhimov. I was gonna goto this, but decided against it to save a few quid. I'll be shacked up in front of the tv with a bag of wine gums. 

Gonna be some night.

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing 🥊 (Tank vs. Garcia - April 22nd)
  • Paid Members

Cordina got the job done in a crazy fight in Cardiff. Cordina is a classic case of where having a step up in competition has brought out something different in him. What a scrap. Not quite what the one judge was watching who had it wide for Rakhimov though. Hope Rakhimov is ok too, he seemed to be in a little distress after the card whilst waiting on the cards, he took a bit of a beating.

Sounds like they are gearing up for a unification fight at Cardiff City Stadium now which would be lovely. Great to see Wales have a new star in the game.

• Paid Members

well, the usual from Tank Davis. Doesn't do a whole lot but always ends up coming up with the goods.

I thought the Showtime team were a little biased in how they were seeing it before the stoppage. I had Garcia a point up going into Round 7, Showtime were talking like it was a bit of a clean sweep Davis. The finish was great though, just a short stabbing shot to the liver, would have liked to have seen Garcia attempt to fight through it but getting up hurt against a murderous puncher would probably not be wise.

20230424_022506.thumb.jpg.603159ea03c45bb36c033739ed7274a4.jpg

• Paid Members

I thought we had unconsciously agreed between us that because Tank is a bellend we just weren't discussing his win, but seen as we are I I agree Egg, it was closer than they were scoring it. Points don't matter when you've had your liver battered like a UKFFers chippy tea though. Beautiful shot from Tank. 

Yeah it wasn't a drubbing like they were going on about but I felt Garcia was definitely hurt and thrown of his game by the big shot in the 2nd. 

Garcia is very talented and still only 24. He has plenty of time to learn from this.

A definitely not off his face Conor McGregor visited him after the fight.

• Paid Members

maybe the bellend factor had me watching with Ryan Garcia sided blinkers, but the overall analysis seems to be that Tank was comfortably ahead though. Here's the official cards:

20230424_160801.thumb.jpg.87e6b20a12942e86a62edee3ad040ce3.jpg

Interstingly one judge has round 2 a 10-10. There's some confusion about it and im not really sure if that's the correct thing to do. Its a bit of a grey area in scoring. If Garcia wins the whole round but gets dropped technically it doesn't have to automatically be a 10-8 round, I guess you just deduct a point and call it 9-9, but in 10-point must system it just defaults to a 10-10. I dunno? 😄

Edited by Egg Shen

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing 🥊 (Canelo vs. Ryder - May 6th)
  • Paid Members

Matthew Hatton 

Ryan Rhodes 

Amir Khan 

Liam Smith 

Rocky Fielding

Callum Smith

Billy Joe Saunders

John Ryder is next for the Canelo express. Hatton and Smith went the distance, Ryder might but I wouldn't count on it when Canelo is cheered on by 60 thousand frantic Mexicans. 

• Paid Members

Yep, Canelo has terrorised British fighters for years. Can't see Saturday being any different but I do like to see someone like John Ryder get such a massive opportunity. 

• Paid Members

Joshua Buatsi makes his Boxxer debut this evening on Sky if you are all King'd out. This sucker is on Sky Showcase so you don't need a sub. 

Ben Whittaker returns after injury too, decent card!

20230506_165654.thumb.jpg.00c6518b6c58f1ff9013fa360194fe49.jpg

• Paid Members

Fucking hell, Joshua Buatsi's big Sky return couldn't have gone much worse in victory, what a plodder. They gave him the platform, the entrance, the hype package and he shit the bed.