This Weekend's Boxing πŸ₯Š (Haney vs. Garcia - April 20th)

Egg Shen

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing πŸ₯Š
  • Paid Members

little bit of business live on Sky Sports tonight:

20220115_083400.thumb.jpg.ae33f505ac18ef654bea37536a7d54de.jpg

was meant to be Callum Johnsons world title shot but he pulled out with covid. Steve Geffrard steps in on 8 days notice. The read on Geffrard is he's a talented long time sparring partner to top fighters who never really got his shot. He was meant to fight last weekend so should be in good shape, ive read a few things that seems to think he has the style to trouble Smith. Probably not, but we'll see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Thursday night anyone?

Sergio Martinez continues his weird ass comeback (he's 46) tonight in Spain.

242007.jpg.9d088d89dc84062f3826997732873692.jpg

He's fighting unheralded Brit Macauley McGowan. The sucker is streaming free on the Probellum website. Im gonna give it a look.

• Paid Members

didn't end up catching the Martinez fight due to Probellum taking the stream down after the live showing and making it unavailable to watch. What's the point in that? apparently Martinez looked good though despite his age.

Tonight Don King is back promoting a "Heavyweight Title Fight". I love these weird random shows Don King still continues to put on. Look at the state of this, the official poster...

20220129_164726.jpg.91593f20168fc121966a8c89aa155b13.jpg

Can anyone figure out that tagline? 6 Title Fights, 4 Steps to Glory πŸ€”

The Makabu/Mchunu fight has some pretty big stakes with Canelo fancying a crack at the winner potentially, though the Cruiserweight talk has cooled.Β 

Then Trevor Bryan defends his WBA Regular Heavyweight Title against some schlub named Jonathon Guidry.

20220129_165802.jpg.83c83510d846d8ca403102919d703ad9.jpg

Don King will probably outlive me.

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing πŸ₯Š (Eubank vs. Williams - Feb 5th)
  • Paid Members

Finally feels like Boxing is back proper this weekend. The first big domestic show of the show after the January ban, and its a beaut.

20220202_172702.thumb.jpg.aa5fa9a426e7161905ca46a72fae25ec.jpg

Rescheduled from December. I fail to see how this not delivering. Eubank/Williams is going to be a barnburner. I see it being a nasty, foul fuelled fight, but in front a Cardiff Arena full of pissed up Rugby fans its gonna be some atmosphere.

Im leaning towards Eubank to win it. If Williams boxed clever i could see him winning on points, but this is gonna turn into a brawl, emotions will be too high and I think that suits Eubank despite Williams' also thriving in that kind of fight usually.Β 

Who's watching?

Β 

• Paid Members

Yeah all over this. Love to see Williams win but yeah I reckon Eubank can probably can handle him in a rough kind of fight but has a little bit more about him overall as well. Love to be wrong though. Whatever happens I just don’t see the ingredients for anything less than at least a fun scrap between these two.Β 

• Paid Members

as a bonus, there's a PPV in America Saturday night (on Fite here) Keith Thurman vs. Mario Barrios. Its being seen as a fight to catapult Thurman back into big title fights in 2022 but im fancying Barrios to turn him over, especially if Thurman is on the downside.20220201_085132.thumb.jpg.b196496bb70efb1c8d11fb7621fe4284.jpgΒ 

Β 

• Paid Members

nice little tidbit, the Eubank/Williams card is being shown on Sky Showcase as well as Sky Sports, so you don't need the Sports package to watch it. Showcase is a channel that falls under the Entertainment package.