This Weekend's Boxing πŸ₯Š (Haney vs. Garcia - April 20th)

Egg Shen

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing πŸ₯Š (Canelo vs. Plant - 6th Nov)
  • Paid Members

few days away...

20211103_164440.thumb.jpg.cdb65732441c7847ee908fcbb4b64c2b.jpg

Super Middleweight Unification.

When the seeds were sewn, i dont think there was much excitement behind a Canelo/Plant fight, but credit to Caleb Plant, he's helped turn this into a bit of a monster grudge match. Especially after it kicked off after the press conference.

Showtine-Canelo-v-Plant-LA-Kick-Off-Press-Conference-14-Boxing-Photos.thumb.jpg.683d45563d375311960257dd9ef12f52.jpg

I dont know if Plant stands much a chance, theres a hope that Plant may raise to the level of his opponent here, and he needs to do that after labouring to decision victories in his last fight, hes a slick fighter with fast hands.Β 

The talk is if Canelo wins, he vacates and starts chasing Light Heavyweight belts, the nutter. Personally id like to see him fight David Benavidez before he goes.Β 

The All Access series for this is meant to be great. I havent watched it yet, but heres the episodes:

Β 

• Paid Members

Standard Canelo affair in the end. I thought you could make a genuine case for Plant winning the opening 5 rounds, but like always Canelo just keeps the pressure on and his opponents eventually wilt under it. That said, i thought Plant was superb defensively, until he got knocked down he barely shipped any real damaging shots.Β 

canelo-plant-ko-110621-getty-ftrjpg_yrcp

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing πŸ₯Š
  • Paid Members

fight shows out the ass this weekend, take your pick, all Saturday night.

DAZN: Kid Galahad vs. Kiko Martinez

Channel 5: Shakkan Pitters vs. Reece Cartwright

DAZN: Jaime Munguia vs. Gabriel Rosado

Showtime (No UK TV): David Benavidez vs. Kyrone Davis

20211112_220437.thumb.jpg.1d9163a726a5e28e7cb52912d3215c42.jpg

crikey

On 11/12/2021 at 10:08 PM, Egg Shen said:

Channel 5: Shakkan Pitters vs. Reece Cartwright

This wasn’t even the main event! I thought the stoppage was a terrible one for this, Cartwright seemed to have his wits about him when he was knocked down. Maybe the awkward way he hit the deck had something to do with it. Tellingly his corner didn’t seem to bothered though.Β 
Β 

Coventrys finest RWB fighting in the spiritual home of UK wrestling was nice. Shame the way the fight ended but that cut was as nasty as a kebab from Express Diner on Far Gosford Street.Β 

• Paid Members

Bloody hell, that Matchroom show.

2 of Eddie's World Champions utterly whiped out.

Kid Galahad was going about his business for the best part of 5 rounds, then he got flattened out of nowhere. Debate will be whether not Dominic Ingle should have sent Kid out in round 6, cause he paid for it. Devastating finish. Kiko Martinez is the man.

NINTCHDBPICT000693506872.jpg

In the co-main event, Terri Harper got destroyed by Baumgarner. There are huge disparities in the abilities between the best women boxers and the rest, and despite Harper being the defending World Champion, she looked leagues below Baumgarner here, in terms of power, skill and as a pure athlete.Β 

Couple of shockers!

19876864-7587549-image-m-4_1571391081599

Β 

Edited by Egg Shen

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing πŸ₯Š (Crawford vs. Spence - Nov. 20th)