The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

Seconding the love for Joe Tassitore. He's just stepped in like he's always been doing it and him and Wade work like a dream together. 

Seconding the love for the handling of Cody/KO. So unexpected as I thought they'd be all over it and it's really quite fresh. 

Really liked the way they had the overlapping entrances at the start. Really said "we may be two hours but this isn't gonna mean you get less" without it being said. 

Never thought for a minute Sammy was winning. I'm more upset about Seamus beating Pete Dunne with his hands behind his back. Seamus has done nothing for years and like men's nipples and Coventry City he's just sort of there taking up space without achieving anything, whilst a win in Seamus' signature match would have given Pete a good rub. 

• Paid Members

A completely skippable, pre-recorded Raw that was barely worth having on in the background whilst I worked.

Or so I fucking thought!

Out of nowhere, a Big Jim sighting! Jimmy Uso turned up and tried to recruit Jey Uso! Holy shit! This is not a drill!

IMG_9819.gif.2f6c6661ed565d1587bb7cc79ce8591c.gif

I nearly fell off my chair. Most exciting ten seconds in months.

It’s happening! The boys are back in town! The band is back together! I fucking love pro-wrestling!

• Paid Members

The Barbenheimer aesthetic of Rhea and Tiffy was delightful. They should abandon this Jade/Bianca run and put the Women’s Tag Titles on them.

There was a ridiculously noticeable edit in the Jade match, where something must have gone wrong. A mad, jarring camera cut, and everyone had suddenly teleported about five feet. Something straight out of Smackdown on Sky One on Saturday morning in 2001. They should have cut to that one fella in the crowd they’d always use when a weapon shot landed. That Performance Center, eh? Continues to do wonders for Jade, who seemingly gets worse the more time she spends there.

On a more positive note, I don’t think anyone talks enough about how good Gunther is at WWE-style segments. He’s so dry and confident, you’d never have expected someone like Walter to be such a natural at everything they require from a top guy. He’s great.

Miz not even bothering putting on his wrist tape. Such a shitarse he’s bored of himself.

Classic Triple H-ism on this show though.

IMG_9820.jpeg.74d6296fa0c25a7975d0c399775ca0f8.jpeg

“Viking Raiders? Don’t think so! War Raiders again! Remember? Remember?!”

Triple H one hundred percent still calls them, “Opal Fruits.”

3 hours ago, Supremo said:

On a more positive note, I don’t think anyone talks enough about how good Gunther is at WWE-style segments. He’s so dry and confident, you’d never have expected someone like Walter to be such a natural at everything they require from a top guy. He’s great.

I agree but I’m not buying that he drives Ludwig Kaiser about like some sort of skivvy.

Two mentions/references to Lesnar on this very show this week.

In modern day WWE these things don't happen by accident, rhe Punk references were there weeks before he returned, if Lesnar is getting hinted at/alluded to now then he's coming back soon.

Not saying he'll join the Bloodline or anything like that, but he's coming back. Whether he was implicated in a sex trafficking lawsuit or not. WWE don't do these references by accident anymore.

Edited by Doog

18 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Yeah Lesnar will be back one day, everyone is.

Could easily see Lesnar coming back to face Gunther at Mania or something.

No chance he gets put in War Games though.

If there’s even the slightest chance he’s going to be tangled up in the McMahon investigation there’s surely close to zero chance of him coming back. Perhaps he’ll be cleared, or perhaps the one and only mention of his name will be in that original lawsuit, and given that he didn’t actually do anything maybe that’ll be enough for them. But I can’t imagine they’ll bring him back while there’s uncertainty, and given that investigations are ongoing, I can’t imagine they know for sure that this is a safe thing to do. They won’t want to do anything that might build a case for compensation claims. 

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

Perhaps he’ll be cleared, or perhaps the one and only mention of his name will be in that original lawsuit, and given that he didn’t actually do anything maybe that’ll be enough for them. 

The Janel Grant lawsuit alleges Vince shared explicit photographs with Lesnar when trying to re-sign him. It also alleges Brock requested and received videos of her urinating before organising a, “play date,” that was only cancelled due to weather conditions.

Edited by Supremo

I actually think i'd struggle to watch Lesnar right now. He's still been named in the case, and it's been suggested he'll be someone that could ultimately be personally sued, so as far as i'm concerned there needs to be some positive resolution as regards Lesnar before i'd feel comfortable watching him.

I'm *sort of* happy doing the mental gymnastics required to keep watching the current shows, but if they start flaunting how little they care about this shit then that'll get much more difficult.

I look forward to the MR LEVESQUE documentary in 5 years time where Steph, as a talking head, looks empty-eyed as she says to someone off camera "Brock had been cleared by the time we did that... hadn't he?" and then just smirks and nods.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

51 minutes ago, Supremo said:

The Janel Grant lawsuit alleges Vince shared explicit photographs with Lesnar when trying to re-sign him. It also alleges Brock requested and received videos of her urinating before organising a, “play date,” that was only cancelled due to weather conditions.

Ugh, I was under the mistaken impression that Lesnar had been ‘offered’ her to resign but no-showed, opening up the possibility of him using the excuse of him humouring McMahon, whether that was true or not. The more you learn about this, the more sordid and grim it becomes.