The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

17 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Thought he sounded similar way more to Cole than I expected.

Yeah, I thought he sounded quite similar to Cole, not that this is a bad thing. He had a good first night, and I particularly liked - when Drew McIntyre came out in a hoodie - he explicitly said 'that's Drew McIntyre in a hoodie!' rather than do that old wrestling thing of questioning who on earth this could possibly be. The entire audience knows who it is, so why should an announcer pretend otherwise? 

4 hours ago, Supremo said:

Everything involving the Judgment Day continues to carry this brand. Ridiculous how hot the crowd are for everything Rhea and Damien do. It’s a shame Jey Uso is definitely reuniting The Bloodline this Autumn because I want to see him and Rhea eventually fall in love and get married.

I really want to see Rhea vs. Dominik, and I'm pretty certain we'll get that - but it feels like it can't come soon enough. What a moment it'll be when she finally challenges him to fight her one-on-one, as he tries to weasel his way out of it. 

I'm fine with them continuing on with McIntyre/Punk for another month. I'd like to see both men do something different once this match is done, though. The problem for me isn't so much the out-of-ring stuff as it is the fact the matches haven't lived up to the build. Punk's been very inconsistent since making his return to wrestling. He's a compelling personality and compelling individual, but it's becoming hard to look forward to his matches. 

I think my main issue with Punk/McIntyre is, for all the good work they did adapting to Punk's prolonged injury whilst he was actually injured, in the end they completely failed to adapt to Punk's injury and how it changed the feud once he got healthy.

That feud had peaked and was red hot before their first match, so their first match should have also been their final match and just been a big bloody fight.

Instead, they tried to drop back into a normal cadence of 'wrestling match, followed by slightly hotter rematch, leading to blow off, hot feud ender' when the feud had already peaked.

That was needless and lazy. When Punk was off they'd done the unthinkable and got the feud red hot, all they needed to do was land it.

Shame.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

It's no secret that I am and always have been a big CM Punk fan, so my opinion is slightly biased, but I am happy for them to have a rubber match to end the feud, which I assume comes in a cell at Bad Blood.

However, what is interesting to me is that of all the stuff going on in WWE at the moment, the two biggest storylines that my daughters are into are Rhea/Dom/Liv for obvious reasons, and Drew and Punk, and the main reason they are so invested in Drew and Punk is that bloody bracelet.

They popped huge when Punk took it back on Saturday and were absolutely gutted when Drew destroyed it on Raw, so much so that I had to convince it was just a copy and Punk had his real one at home still.

I am not even sure what my point is here...but for as much as people are thinking the bracelet is daft, it is obviously talking to a part of their audience, and in my household it is getting my kids even more invested in wrestling, which can only be a good thing 🙂

The in ring work hasn't been stellar granted, although I'd argue that they had a decent match on Saturday ruined by a rubbish stipulation, although again the kids loved it as they hadn't seen a strap match before.

So yeah, end it in a cell, let them both move on. I am not sure Gunther is right for Punk next though...

A backstage segment about how Pearce can’t get a hold of Judgment Day to defend their titles (why does he need to do that suddenly?) and they haven’t done so in two months - while the main event is a tag match involving the tag champions. Such a small thing but sloppy little details like that annoy me.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Supremo said:

I had to double check he wasn’t the fella who did the commentary on the SNES classic NBA Jam, because he sound exactly how I remember it. That classic American voice with loads of bass in it. Turns out it’s not him, but he should still start shouting, “Boomshakalaka!” during Raw.

He did the commentary on the EA Fight Night games, maybe you recognise the voice from them?

25 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

@thatvinylgeeki think your post with reference to your kids (which is lovely btw), confirms who the target audience currently are and why it’s been successful.

Aww thanks, it def feels more like a family show at the moment, which is fine for me. 

If you want something slightly more edgy you have AEW currently, I don't see WWE going back that way anytime soon

• Paid Members

I don't want to talk about ratings, but all this "It's for kids" talk is forcing me. The key demo is 18-49 years old, not kids. They will be saying fuck on Netflix quicker than the time it takes to post a photo of your chippy tea in off topic. Key Demos are the new Dem Wans and the majority of the Key Demos are eating this shit up. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I don't want to talk about ratings, but all this "It's for kids" talk is forcing me. The key demo is 18-49 years old, not kids. They will be saying fuck on Netflix quicker than the time it takes to post a photo of your chippy tea in off topic. Key Demos are the new Dem Wans and the majority of the Key Demos are eating this shit up. 

It’s certainly going to be interesting to see what happens. A lot of people think the Attitude Era restarts on January 6th, but every toy shop sells WWE Toys, they do so much selling to kids, I’d say it’s as readily available more then any time in history, that I don’t see them going to edgy. Guess we’ll see soon

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Unless they introduce a rule where the third hour is edgy, and they tell the parents to put the kids to bed or something daft, So they can have their cake and eat it too.

Have Mindy's Bakery make the cake and get Drew to stamp on it and force it down Punk's throat. 

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

A lot of people think the Attitude Era restarts on January 6th, but every toy shop sells WWE Toys, they do so much selling to kids,

They sold plenty of toys during the Attitude era!

But no, outside of the odd rare swear word or bit of blood I reckon the product will stay pretty much the same. They have little to gain out of going "edgy".

Edited by LaGoosh