The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

Roman barely wrestles once a month and all of a sudden people think he's going to wrestle two nights in a row so that he can look like less of a star than The Rock on night one and lose to Cody on night 2. Roman has to lose the title at some point but he can't be made to look a bellend in the process. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Pinc said:

This would also allow them to do Rock/Roman on Night 1 without Cody looking like an afterthought.

Does it?? Do you think Cody going for the belt at WrestleMania 40 gets the focus it should do if the telly also has to build for a match on the same weekend with The Rock???

1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Roman barely wrestles once a month and all of a sudden people think he's going to wrestle two nights in a row so that he can look like less of a star than The Rock on night one and lose to Cody on night 2. Roman has to lose the title at some point but he can't be made to look a bellend in the process. 

Roman could beat him on night 1 and look like an even bigger baddie for Cody to knock off on night 2. But my point above stands.

I mean, it's not happening, so I'm wasting my keystrokes either way.

1 minute ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Half of those things come from kebab shops so don't count. 

I’ve never had a fry up from a chippy, I’m off to prepare my Dragons Den pitch. 

Christ, I bet you have a sit down meal in your chippy don't you @Keith Houchen.  Metal knives and forks and everything.

I'm wondering now if you just wander into random restaurants and try and buy fish and chips to take away.

3 minutes ago, Loki said:

Christ, I bet you have a sit down meal in your chippy don't you @Keith Houchen.  Metal knives and forks and everything.

Royal Cod on Wilbraham Road does have a table in it and for 50p extra, you can have a plate and cutlery and sit there. No cards though, cash only. 

Atlantic on Barlow Moor Road has booths but no plates or cutlery. Again, cash only, no cards. 

• Paid Members
Just now, Keith Houchen said:

Atlantic on Barlow Moor Road 

May have told you this before but I used to love having several pints in a pub not there any more called The Bar and grab a sausage or cod, chips n curry sauce from Atlantic on the trek back to my grotty one bed flat in St Retford, and it would usually still be hot by the time I settled in for two sozzled hours of Diners, Drive Ins and Dives on Food Network because I only had Freeview.

I wouldn't go back to them days. Chiefly because I wouldn't have The American Nightmare, just Cody Adequate Rhodes.

5 minutes ago, air_raid said:

May have told you this before but I used to love having several pints in a pub not there any more called The Bar

I think that’s the Chorlton Tap now? 

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I think that’s the Chorlton Tap now? 

I'll take your word for it, I haven't been to a pub for years, Chorltonia or otherwise.

Not because I'm Straight Edge, or better than you. Just haven't.

3 hours ago, air_raid said:

Does it?? Do you think Cody going for the belt at WrestleMania 40 gets the focus it should do if the telly also has to build for a match on the same weekend with The Rock???

I'm totally with you on this. The focus should absolutely be on Reigns/Cody. They can do Reigns/Rock at Summerslam, or even Wrestlemania 41 - there's no real need to do this match now. The match doesn't need to have a title involved for it to work. If anything, not having the belt involved makes the outcome less predictable. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I'm totally with you on this. The focus should absolutely be on Reigns/Cody. They can do Reigns/Rock at Summerslam, or even Wrestlemania 41 - there's no real need to do this match now. The match doesn't need to have a title involved for it to work. If anything, not having the belt involved makes the outcome less predictable. 

The whole thing with the Rock is they probably DO have to do the match now. They have tried, and failed, to get this match at Mania before and it usually comes down to Dwayne's Hollywood Schedule ("A new quiz show coming to NBC this fall"), which is why the match kept getting bumped. And he has to be looking at officially retiring from in-ring stuff and he's not going to go out at a Summerslam or Survivor Series, it's going to have to be a Wrestlemania. And that is the only reason why Cody and Seth should even be considered for this year. It's the only thing that can get in the way of Cody/Reigns 2 is The Rock.