The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

I will die on the hill that this terrible, terrible angle and presentation has been made a million times worst by their co-workers jumping in on the joke and taking the piss. Obviously it's stupid, but if even the company don't feel obliged to take it even half seriously, what's the fucking point?

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8dL8_PsEow/?igsh=MnJmcHU0M2U4dDBq

Oopsie.

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I will die on the hill that this terrible, terrible angle and presentation has been made a million times worst by their co-workers jumping in on the joke and taking the piss. Obviously it's stupid, but if even the company don't feel obliged to take it even half seriously, what's the fucking point?

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8dL8_PsEow/?igsh=MnJmcHU0M2U4dDBq

Oopsie.

He should have been watching the rest of the show on the monitor, brother! 

• Paid Members

Chad Gable seeing the funny side of being murdered. Positive mental attitude.

I hope he has the tiniest plaster covering the bullet wound from where he was shot in the temple.

At this point, I'm hoping when they do another murder scene, as the camera passes their next victim (JD McDonagh) or some shite, he winks into the camera. Just so there's no remaining shred of doubt about whether we should take this seriously or not.

2 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

At this point, I'm hoping when they do another murder scene, as the camera passes their next victim (JD McDonagh) or some shite, he winks into the camera. Just so there's no remaining shred of doubt about whether we should take this seriously or not.

spacer.png

I'm sure this will divide a lot of people based on the reaction to last week, and the group as a whole, but I think it's fair to say that as an isolated promo it's fantastic.

And whoever called for the death of JD.. well, HHH clearly doesn't like you.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Starting a show with The fucking Miz at the desk though!

IMG_8479.gif.c6e3e12fe285c10a7521eb60ec6db2cd.gif

I’ll get back round to it, because I want to see the next chapters in the DM Hunk saga, the Wyatt Cinematic Universe, and I need find out if Liv and Dom are shagging yet, but fucking hell. Switched it off immediately. Don’t need that first thing in the morning. I’d rather make the breakfasts to silence.

Clearest indication yet of just how hot this company has become; that they can start their flagship show with The Miz doing his shit “mostmustseeWWEsuperstar,” schtick, confident people will continue watching.

Quick one though - have they shot some type of angle with Pat McAfee and the Wyatts? Is that why he wasn’t there? Again, the confidence of this company to have Cole go, “Pat’s not here, but I don’t want to talk about that.” Just sounded like he’d been implicated in a sex scandal.

Edited by Supremo

14 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Quick one though - have they shot some type of angle with Pat McAfee and the Wyatts? Is that why he wasn’t there? Again, the confidence of this company to have Cole go, “Pat’s not here, but I don’t want to talk about that.” Just sounded like he’d been implicated in a sex scandal.

They did a slight interruption type deal on The Pat McAfee Show but it wasn't major. It's an odd one. Although Gable turned up to work so Pat has no excuse. Maybe it was a week he wasn't available so they thought they'd tie it into the storyline? Either way it was as vague on his show as it was on Raw.

• Paid Members
On 6/21/2024 at 10:41 AM, DavidB6937 said:

Far too chilled for a bunch of murderers.

Bill Watts would never allow this. 

3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I'm sure this will divide a lot of people based on the reaction to last week, and the group as a whole, but I think it's fair to say that as an isolated promo it's fantastic.

And whoever called for the death of JD.. well, HHH clearly doesn't like you.

It is not fair to say.

I'll maybe stretch to "the delivery of the lines in a vacuum was very good", but considering the person delivering the lines and the subject matter, that's not too surprising.

But, seriously, what's the point here? I think what they're driving at is the mental crisis of Bo Dallas, so he has split personalities and Uncle Howdy is the worst of his impulses yadda yadda yadda.

But, crucially, he IS Uncle Howdy. So he can't be that mentally at sea; as he'll have to on some level have had some involvement in the creation of that promo.

He either filmed all the Howdy bits, wrote them down, and then got changed to do the Bo bits, or in my preferred version he quickly got changed between each question and answer.

It's like all this shit, it turns to dust the minute you try and grasp it. The reality of the character is that all he can really be is just another would-be art student making movies and making friends with the production crew. 

I hate everything about it, down to the fact the 'VHS' was clearly a 4k video with a filter over it.

Shite, shite, shite.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I hate everything about it, down to the fact the 'VHS' was clearly a 4k video with a filter over it.

With the VHS thing I get the vibe they are trying to capture with it but in reality filming something, getting it on to a VHS and then converting it into a format which you can show in high quality on a modern digital set up would be an absolute pain in the arse to do. Let alone doing all that while being a psychotic mentally fractured wrestler in a magical super natural murder cult.

3 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

With the VHS thing I get the vibe they are trying to capture with it 

And this is the thing, once you take more than a cursory glance at this stuff it's all cosplay noncery, 'would-be art students making movies' shite, trying to capture vibes.

I just can't be arsed with it. Especially when the big star behind all the flummery is still Bo shitting Dallas, who I don't want to see wrestle at the best of times.

Shite.