WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

1 minute ago, LaGoosh said:

I remember the ray tracing thing being a big deal when the PS5 was announced and years later I still have no idea what it is and if I've ever seen in it in any of the PS5 games I've played.

The only time I’ve really noticed it was in one of the Spider-Man games where it was an option you could turn on or off at the expense of fps. I think it was just nicer reflections in glass and water puddles. The initial “ooh, that looks nice” was soon forgotten.

4 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I remember the ray tracing thing being a big deal when the PS5 was announced and years later I still have no idea what it is and if I've ever seen in it in any of the PS5 games I've played.

Neither did I! This article from IGN explains it well, with visual examples - but needless to say, I don't really give a toss about it and I suspect most people don't/won't. 

19 minutes ago, The Gaffer said:

It would surprise me if they've thrown millions of quid at Rockstar or worked with them side by side to ensure they can slap a 'Best Way To Play GTA VI!' on the marketing next year. That alone would ensure it's a success. 

It's probably a given that it'll arrive with GTA VI images on the box, but I just don't see people upgrading for a marginally better experience. Even if you don't have a PS5 yet, I think people who are keen to buy one to play the new GTA will look at the cheapest way of doing so, and go for that. 

Then again, the PS Portal has apparently sold better than expected, so who knows? 

It’s just so fucking tone deaf, at a time where most of the world is tight on cash, Sony releases what is the most expensive console in recent history without a fucking disc drive so they can play Last of Us 2 again with a few more pixels

Its so fucking funny. The fact the PS5 is very light on must have games is becoming an increasingly prevalent meme. The timing is ludicrous.

Everyone - There are no games! Where are all the games!? Can we have some games please? Are there any games coming soon? Please sir may I have some games?

Sony - Can we interest anyone in 8k resolution at 120 frames per second??????????????

41 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Well £800 if you wanna buy that too, Sony circa PS3 is BACK

$699 dollars and £699 pounds too. Even if I was considering buying it (I'm not), I'd avoid the thing for that reason. Maybe there's some jusification (eg. added expenses through Brexit) but I'm a little miffed at that. 

• Paid Members

As a mark who bought both the Pro (meh upgrade, but the price was reasonable) and the One X (a beast! I loved the thing), I've no interest in refreshes this gen, what a waste of time.

The Switch 2 hopefully being able to run Bayonetta 3 above 480P at all times will be the game changer.

It just seems so tone deaf, I don't think people are necessarily against the mid generation update but at that price and the lack of any mention of new games which are dearly needed. All that good will from Astro Bot instantly vanished.