WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

The Animal Crossing track is the same route but with different seasonal obstacles. At the start of the Paris lap you head into a facsimile of the roundabout around the Eiffel Tower, and take a different exit and slightly different route around the track on each lap, with the final lap managing to turn you around and go around the track in reverse. It's a really clever touch. 

If they'd had the hang gliding in the new Switch Sports I'd have said Wuhu Island (which sounds like a Love Island themed add-on for the Sims) would be a dead cert to go in there. 

@Uncle Zebthere's a corner towards the end of Ninja Hideaway that's really awkward to get around if you take one of the vent jumps onto the rooftop. You actually need to brake for it, even at 50CC because it's pretty tight. 

• Paid Members

I usually end up just driving the custom race series with items off so it's all about driver skill and not any of those gimmicks. 

How have Sony managed to fuck up the best GT in years so badly post-release? I was tempted to get it after Elden Ring but fuck that now, I'll wait till it's a tenner in CEX.

(if the servers are even up by then)

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

Have you seen about Gran Turismo 7 getting review bombed because of the addition of microtransactions and making the game really grindy? 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-03-20-gran-turismo-now-has-the-lowest-metacritic-user-score-of-any-sony-game-ever

On 3/16/2022 at 9:22 AM, Vegeta said:

Great shout on the special route X and the Corvette c7 14 been using it to get money to grab one of them time limited cars, about half way through at the moment but will be hopefully getting it by the end of the week, thanks the advice my friend 

And now they've nerfed it all. The menu book is the game and goes up to 39. Menu 33 (WTC 600 I think.) is the hardest out of them all.

I've binned it now as there's no enjoyment in grinding to get cars to play on limited tracks. I amassed over a few million credits and got the Dodge Tomahawk which goes around the SSRX at 350mph+.

Overall there's the bones of a good driving game but it's severely limited by PD/Sony's choice hoping to capitalise on the micro transactions gravy train.

@jazzygeofferz It's not only that, the servers went down for over 24 hours due to patch 1.07 rendering the game unplayable with players unable to do anything offline. With patch 1.08 they nerfed all the prize money races to 50% or less and to top it off, PD/Sony put out a statement which pretty much said "sorry but buy credits or go fuck yourself." So I fully understand why its userbase have had enough. It's a £25 game at best.

• Paid Members

I think I heard somewhere to buy some of the cars you'd have to pay out £40 to get enough credits? That's on topcofnthe £60-70 for the game itself? Ridiculous. 

Just finished Fist Of The North Star: Lost Paradise.

Obviously it plays like the Yakuza series as it’s made by the same group but it’s no where near as good, most missions have you go to a certain areas of a map to get information and then walk straight back to where you started to relay said information, this happens at least 10 times during the story, the map is tiny and takes place in a small city and they try to accommodate that by letting you drive around tons of empty areas where you can find garbage in which you can upgrade your buggy, just stick with playing any of the Yakuza games instead 

39 minutes ago, Rule One said:

PD/Sony put out a statement which pretty much said "sorry but buy credits or go fuck yourself."

Yeah but it's that or pay £100 for video games. 

/sarcasm. 

Depressing how people are still giving the video game industry any kind of benefit of the doubt. They'd totally charge £100 per game on top of all the bullshit if they thought they could get away with it.

Of course I don't mean the people that actually create the games.