WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
On 1/6/2022 at 11:18 AM, Accident Prone said:

The lads at GameSack spoke highly of this channel, so I gave them a whirl and ended up binging a whole load of their videos. It's a really nice, well made, charming show and the hosts aren't annoying in the slightest. This is their big end-of-year round-up show, so if you're after some new and old games to dive into, this is a great place to start.

I may give them a look. 

Managed to rack up enough gamers core for a five quid XBox store credit so picked up Yakuza 0. I had it on PS4 and played a certain distance into it, then got distracted by Street Fighter 5, or probably Forza Horizon 3 on XBox. I'm almost up to where I left off on PS4, and worried that I'm going to struggle with all the real estate/club management stuff. Did alright at Space Harrier and won some cute stuff on the gatcha machines, though. Depending on how I fare this time around I may try and crack through the rest of the series at some point. 

Liking the look of Sifu. All the previews have people describing it as The Raid the video game but it has a neat mechanic where you get a year older every time you die developing different strengths and weaknesses that come with age. Probably get lost in the mix of Horizon and Elden Ring though.

Releasing a game clearly inspired by 'Souls at the same time as Dark Souls 3.5 maybe isn't the greatest idea, I think it'll definitely get a look in over the year and become a cult classic like earlier game Absolver which has a small but rabid fanbase.

Edited by Merzbow

3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Persona 5 Strikers, probably the most dogshit pacing I've found at the start of a game. Two hours of story then suddenly you've got an entire games worth of mechanics thrust upon you with no time to get used to them.

Finished it this morning, was looking forward to it when PS Plus announced it as I loved Persona 5 Royale but all in all it’s not great at all, I was aware of the new battle mechanics but it just felt like a DLC campaign.

I’ve just started Spider-Man Remastered, never played it on PS4 so looking forward to jumping in.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Persona 5 Strikers, probably the most dogshit pacing I've found at the start of a game. Two hours of story then suddenly you've got an entire games worth of mechanics thrust upon you with no time to get used to them.

Just turn the difficulty down, that's what I did. It's stupidly hard for how early game it is. 

1 hour ago, Nexus said:

Just turn the difficulty down, that's what I did. It's stupidly hard for how early game it is. 

That's typically Persona, but I don't mind the difficulty as long as I know what I'm doing. I ended up abusing the fact you can leave a Jail and get all your SP back as many times as you like.

• Paid Members

Finally finished Deathloop the other day. The final loop was driving me mad as I kept failing the last section and had to do it all again….until I realised you could close the game down if you failed and go straight to the final bit again - doh!

I really like the game but I’ve learnt that I’m not a creative gamer. I need to be told where to go, what powers to use, what weapons to use and what to do. Give me loads of options and I flail around trying to do the same techniques and getting stressed that the results stay the same. 

It’s completely different to anything else I’ve played and it’s a really clever idea - I certainly recommend you check it out. I’ve got a bit more to do for the plat and then I’ll be on to something new 

10 minutes ago, waters44 said:

Finally finished Deathloop the other day. The final loop was driving me mad as I kept failing the last section and had to do it all again….until I realised you could close the game down if you failed and go straight to the final bit again - doh!

I really like the game but I’ve learnt that I’m not a creative gamer. I need to be told where to go, what powers to use, what weapons to use and what to do. Give me loads of options and I flail around trying to do the same techniques and getting stressed that the results stay the same. 

It’s completely different to anything else I’ve played and it’s a really clever idea - I certainly recommend you check it out. I’ve got a bit more to do for the plat and then I’ll be on to something new 

Good luck with that platinum. A completely undetected play through? How is that even possible!

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Good luck with that platinum. A completely undetected play through? How is that even possible!

I think it’s just the last bit you need to do undetected (the party) but yeah I’m dreading that! Lots of stealth and patience (two things I’m not good at!). I need to find a decent silent gun actually, that will be a big help

What a mad deal. Why would the casual gamer who doesn’t give much of a fuck about the 5 game character arch of Kratos or Sack Boy bother with a PlayStation now? If you’re a FIFA and CoD with a bit of whatever else thrown in casual gamer it’s PC or Xbox all the way now isn’t it?