WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

14 hours ago, King Coconut said:

I enjoyed Black Flag and have just bought this on the promise of men in skirts.

If you move the camera while he is swimming, you can see his pants up his skirt. Phwooar!!

Just did a mission involving a paddle boat type thing and now I think I’m about to do the first boss fight and nick his ship. The world is my lobster 

Yay FFXIV expansion is live. Not that I'm anywhere near the new content yet so better get my grinding boots on. 

Players in queue 3,215.

Well time for a cuppa. 

Edit. 

And now it looks like the servers have crashed lol. 

Double edit wanker. 

Not the servers just the queues it seems. If I get booted again I'll probably jump on ESO until things settle down. 

Edited by The King Of Swing

• Paid Members

Going back to the Assassins Creed conversation from a couple of days ago, would Odyssey be an okay place to start for somebody completely new to the series? I've never played one and I really should change that. As a lover of ancient history, an ancient Greek setting would definitely appeal to me. 

I've been playing Kingdoms of Amalur the last couple of weeks and after almost 100 hours, the end is just about in sight! Great game which naturally feels a little dated now but is stupidly huge. I'll try pop up some fuller thoughts when I get the Plat. I would post little reviews and screenshots for games everytime I managed to get a Platinum trophy but I'm a little hesitant to keep doing that it in case it comes across as too self-indulgent. Kingdoms of Amalur is mammoth enough to warrant sharing that achievement though!

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Yay FFXIV expansion is live. Not that I'm anywhere near the new content yet so better get my grinding boots on. 

Players in queue 3,215.

Well time for a cuppa. 

Edit. 

And now it looks like the servers have crashed lol. 

Double edit wanker. 

Not the servers just the queues it seems. If I get booted again I'll probably jump on ESO until things settle down. 

Got a successful login after a queue of 4975.

They've ripped Summoner to shreds, Not dots, no weave unless a summon's out (Ruin 2 is now a hardcast that evolves into Ruin 3) and the new rotation is fixed and strict - Bahamut, all three of Ifrit, Titan and Garuda (order TBC), Phoenix then the elemental trio again, rinse, repeat. And the attacks are pretty much the same with variations of cast time and potency.

image.png.52a16bdfa38bd4e4d6a08e2bb4deaf45.png

P.S. you know you can exchange dead tomestones down to Poetics? guess what? 50% TAX. If you haven't got Scaevan Maiming pieces already then into the roulettes with you. Way to get a head start with the Reaper class (!)

Edited by seph

55 minutes ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Going back to the Assassins Creed conversation from a couple of days ago, would Odyssey be an okay place to start for somebody completely new to the series? I've never played one and I really should change that. As a lover of ancient history, an ancient Greek setting would definitely appeal to me. 

I’d say yes, the main baddies in the series aren’t in this or are called something different, and it feels more Skyrim than AC in terms of quests and layouts. I’m really enjoying it and the setting is brilliant. Having just recently read a book about Greek gods and myths is adding to it!

37 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I haven’t got to that bit yet! Can’t wait!!

Don’t leave the starting area until you have! I also imagine you’ll get a ton of joy out of Spartan kicking unsuspecting guards off the edge of cliffs when you get up the skill tree. 

Really considering repurchasing it and finishing my game off now.

58 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Don’t leave the starting area until you have! I also imagine you’ll get a ton of joy out of Spartan kicking unsuspecting guards off the edge of cliffs when you get up the skill tree. 

Really considering repurchasing it and finishing my game off now.

Oh it’s THAT statue. Right, time to fast travel. 

EDIT. 

Edited by Keith Houchen

It seems that for every main story mission there are about 10 side quests. I’ve completed a few side quests without realising after wandering into camps and slaughtering the bandits. Then when I went into town, someone wanted the bandits dead and I’d already done it. But I think levelling up is important.