WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

2 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Was gonna buy this as its £15.99 on PS Store and can’t find it anywhere cheaper but I’ve just bought the entire series plus movies on DVD so I want to get through those first.

Finished Spider-Man Remastered and South Park The Stick Of Truth over the weekend and have now begun Spider-Man Miles Morales and South Park The Fractured But Whole.

Spider-Man Remastered is great no idea why I didn’t pick it up any sooner 

As I typed this the new PS Sale has been released and Fist Of The North Star is now £7.19. Just purchased

• Paid Members

I hope somebody could help with this. A friend of mine is considering doing a 24 hour gaming stream for charity at some point in the next few months, and I suggested we try and do Le Mans or some other endurance themed event on Gran Turismo. 

Is such a thing possible on GT Sport online, or would we maybe need another game? I've got Project Cars and Project Cars 2 through Gold on XBox if that's plausible? 

I might pick that Fist Of The North Star up myself. Add it to the increasing list of games I keep meaning to play on my PS4. 

2 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I hope somebody could help with this. A friend of mine is considering doing a 24 hour gaming stream for charity at some point in the next few months, and I suggested we try and do Le Mans or some other endurance themed event on Gran Turismo. 

Is such a thing possible on GT Sport online, or would we maybe need another game? I've got Project Cars and Project Cars 2 through Gold on XBox if that's plausible? 

I might pick that Fist Of The North Star up myself. Add it to the increasing list of games I keep meaning to play on my PS4. 

Emulate the old PS1/Dreamcast Le Mans 24 Hours game, I'm pretty sure you can do the entire thing.

15 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

There is also a Le Mans game on the PS2 (I think it's the same game).

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Version1.0 said:

There is also a Le Mans game on the PS2 (I think it's the same game).

I don't think it'd support online multiplayer though. 

• Paid Members

Some friends and I did one round at one of their houses on Gran Turismo 4 alongside the actual Le Mans and it was fun. There were about 6 of us there. 

• Paid Members

There were 2 PS2s set up. One had was set up with an LMP1 on it with all the driver assists switched off,tyrw wear on and manual gears, then another with something more akin to a GTE-Am which had automatic gears and driver aids on, which they were using for sighting laps. They started when the race started, and finished at the end. It was on Eurosport the whole time we were there. 

They'd done a rota of who was driving what spell, and they were mostly sessions of 2-3 hours with a pit stop to change drivers.

I tended to just jump on the spare PS2 when there wasn't somebody using it as I wasn't really used to driving at the level they did, and I'm still not. I aimed to get my lap time down under 4 minutes, and managed to, and I ended up getting to do 2-4am in the "main car" because everyone was tired, which I found very tricky. I can't remember how they'd set GT4 up, but there were other cars on the track as well.

It was a lot of fun. Le Mans is a great circuit and whenever I'm on a racing game that has the circuit I'll usually end up lapping either that or Monaco if that's available. 

They also used to recreate Le Mans in Scalextric and do a 24 hours of Scalextric Le Mans sometimes. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

6 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Le Mans is a great circuit and whenever I'm on a racing game that has the circuit I'll usually end up lapping either that or Monaco if that's available. 

You are clearly a very broken human being. I know these tracks like the back of my hand because of the practice involved but fuck driving them for fun!

• Paid Members

I usually just stick a podcast or something on and go for it. A mate had rFactor and some interesting mods which led to us racing double decker buses around Monte Carlo. You had to take a very specific line out of the complex at the Grand Hotel so you wouldn't get stuck under the bridge before the tunnel. 

• Paid Members

I'd lack the patience to be have the discipline required to drive with the necessary precision.  I much prefer trying to wrestle the car around circuits. Although I have recently gotten into time trialling on Art of Rally. It's quite an achievement when you climb the league tables. Breaking into the top 3% is no picnic.

• Paid Members

Racing games peaked with getting Tiff Needell to say "cheat mode enabled" in toca. That and Newman Haas racing. 

I'm finally playing Red dead 2, I stated it a couple of years back but stopped when you stumbled around drunk in a bar. It's great but I've yet to get drawn into any of the characters or story so it's just fun short bursts doing a couple of missions or challenges without worry if I park it for a few days between. 

I'm also running through chrono trigger and fallout 3 when I'm between projects at work, still early in both (just got to rivit city and been arrest at the fair). Having replayed new Vegas recently it's telling how much harder 3 is, ammo is much more limited and everything is more of a wasteland so moving around feels like much more of a maze. 

Chrono trigger is just super though, I'm not big on rpgs but it's one I do really enjoy. Only thing is it's a bit too open, having played it years ago it's not too bad as I vaguely remember bits, but there's still times I walking around trying to find the person to talk to to move things on. It's always worse when I get to the future, hours just doing fuck all because I've not said hello to some nob rot sat in the corner.