Jump to content

All New Song of the Day (no Levellers)


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

 

I sing along to this during driving commutes to the office quite regularly. Always seems to come on when I stick Spotify on shuffle. Reckon I could make a decent stab of it on karaoke. 

I'm ashamed to say that in my youth, I heard the Wheatus cover of this before I ever heard of the original. Hated that, but loved this instantly. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter
  • Paid Members
Posted
Just now, Fatty Facesitter said:

I sing along to this during driving commutes to the office quite regularly. Always seems to come on when I stick Spotify on shuffle. Reckon I could make a decent stab of it on karaoke. 

I'm ashamed to say that in my youth, I heard the Wheatus cover of this before I ever heard of the original. Hated that, but loved this instantly. 

I used to be able to sing this when I was in college/uni and singing in bands, heck once upon a time I could hit the high notes in Take On Me. The only good thing to come from the Wheatus version is that I could figure out the chords to play it myself at parties before everybody started mothering me to play Tribute by Tenacious D. 

Nowadays I'd have to go for the lower harmony part instead. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...