Aldi Lager

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

The snide 1664 is better for my money. Lovely, isn't it? 

Rheinbacher is the Aldi Champion though. Superb. 

In terms of bang for the buck and BBQ beer Aldi is all you need. They used to do a wheat beer for ÂŁ1 a bottle that was legit as good as anything I've jad.

I dont drink a lot of spirits but Aldi knock off Kraken rum is boss too. 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

In terms of bang for the buck and BBQ beer Aldi is all you need. They used to do a wheat beer for ÂŁ1 a bottle that was legit as good as anything I've jad.

I dont drink a lot of spirits but Aldi knock off Kraken rum is boss too. 

Seadog! That's my weekend treat. 

It always gets brought up, but Aldi's gin's are usually very good and great value for money, I know at least one VERY good distillery does relabels for them.

Around Christmas they had a bourbon by Woodford for about £16, dunno if they still do. 

Some of their craft beer is ridiculous for the price they charge. They used to do a juiced IPA that was comparable to Fourpure's Juicebox for ÂŁ1.25. Unfortunately I haven't been in an Aldi for about a year on account of the wife's tendency to come out with fuck knows what from the middle bins!

I'd assumed Rheinbacher wouldn't be great for some reason. Interested to give it a go. I usually get 1897s though which are good. 1097s, as mentioned before, are good too. I had Galahad but I got nothing out of it. It tasted watered down to me.

Aldi in general are fucking great. If they stocked tofu, black beans, and some version of Sriracha I think that'd cover everything for me. In fact, I think they have Sriracha on special buy sometimes.

10 hours ago, Sphinx said:

and some version of Sriracha I think that'd cover everything for me. In fact, I think they have Sriracha on special buy sometimes.

They had this when I went in there last week, not sure if it was special buy though. 

Without turning this into an 'All Aldi' thread the pizzas are probably my favourite from any supermarket too.

Edited by Briefcase

15 hours ago, DCW said:

I get fierce hangovers whenever I drink the little medicine bottles, Saint Etienne or Biere D'ore or whatever it's called. My favourite Aldi gargle at the moment is the silver cans of 1079 project. Feckin delish and you thrown them back so easily. Around 3 odd quid for 4 of them aswell.

The-1079-Project-Ale-A.jpg?o=UuLYrHJJLCu

They're actually 2.50 for 4! Outstanding stuff. 

14 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

It always gets brought up, but Aldi's gin's are usually very good and great value for money, I know at least one VERY good distillery does relabels for them.

Around Christmas they had a bourbon by Woodford for about £16, dunno if they still do. 

Some of their craft beer is ridiculous for the price they charge. They used to do a juiced IPA that was comparable to Fourpure's Juicebox for ÂŁ1.25. Unfortunately I haven't been in an Aldi for about a year on account of the wife's tendency to come out with fuck knows what from the middle bins!

Try the Persian lime and Seville Orange gin, its spectacular :D

• Paid Members

A few years back, one of my mates moved in to my house and rented a room off us for about 6 months.

That 6 months basically consisted of Rheinbacher, Clancy's spicy peanuts and Champ Manager 98/99 on a daily basis. It was the best 2 stone I ever put on.

• Moderators
On 5/19/2020 at 4:35 PM, Kaz Hayashi said:

A few years back, one of my mates moved in to my house and rented a room off us for about 6 months.

That 6 months basically consisted of Rheinbacher, Clancy's spicy peanuts and Champ Manager 98/99 on a daily basis. It was the best 2 stone I ever put on.

Similar in 2005. Champ Man 96/97, tins of Fosters and the 3c Country Station on freeview. 

We both lost our jobs within a month of moving in together 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Similar in 2005. Champ Man 96/97, tins of Fosters and the 3c Country Station on freeview. 

We both lost our jobs within a month of moving in together 

Easily done man. We had a narrow escape compared to you though. He was a student and had a final warning about attendance and submission dates, I had a written warning from work. I phoned my boss on the Monday morning, just as we had just reached the January transfer market in season 3. I put on a fake cough, pulled the inevitable sickie and then text my house mate...
“I’m staying home, I’m staying home, I’m staying, champ mans turning on”.... in the style of 3 Lions. But I sent it to my boss instead.

• 4 weeks later...