Jump to content

Wrestling Vs. Father’s Day


ThumpSquids
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
52 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

For as much of a lunatic as he always seemed, and given that he was a fixture in that wild extra coked up era of 1980s WWF, everything I’ve ever seen of Roddy Piper’s kids they seem like perfectly normal and sound 

Piper's biography puts his wife OJ very quite heavily from what I remember. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members

On a sort of related note, Curtis Axel seems to have turned out alright. But I reckon his IC title win on Father's Day back in 2013 in that triple threat against Miz and Barrett was one of the most under-appreciated moments of the decade in WWE. Lovely touch by WWE and it was also a cracking match too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
12 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

On a sort of related note, Curtis Axel seems to have turned out alright. But I reckon his IC title win on Father's Day back in 2013 in that triple threat against Miz and Barrett was one of the most under-appreciated moments of the decade in WWE. Lovely touch by WWE and it was also a cracking match too.

Was that the match where he pinned one of his opponents who was in a figure four? I remember thinking that was a very clever finish for a triple threat. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
12 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Was that the match where he pinned one of his opponents who was in a figure four? I remember thinking that was a very clever finish for a triple threat. 

Yep, Miz had Barrett in the Figure Four and Axel pinned him. Such a great little match.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Yep, Miz had Barrett in the Figure Four and Axel pinned him. Such a great little match.

Might have to go back and give that a re-watch. Axel is an odd one, so many wrestlers rave about how good he is, and he was The Rock's training partner when he did his comeback in 2012/13, but something never seemed to click for him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
7 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Might have to go back and give that a re-watch. Axel is an odd one, so many wrestlers rave about how good he is, and he was The Rock's training partner when he did his comeback in 2012/13, but something never seemed to click for him. 

It's like with most of the WWE roster. He's perfectly decent in the ring but beyond that they have no idea what to do with him, plus he doesn't really have the presence of his dad anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Yep, Miz had Barrett in the Figure Four and Axel pinned him. Such a great little match.

OK I hate this finish as it's one of wrestling's illogical moments. If someone is in a figure 4 and has their shoulder's on the mat the referee counts. So surely Miz and Axel were both pinning him?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Wrasslin said:

OK I hate this finish as it's one of wrestling's illogical moments. If someone is in a figure 4 and has their shoulder's on the mat the referee counts. So surely Miz and Axel were both pinning him?

Why would I care about logic in wrestling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...