Hot Drinks

Chris B

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

The Vietnamese egg coffee and affogato sound/look amazing. I need to try both. I’m not affected by caffeine because of ADHD so I’d have both on a drip please.

Has anyone tried Mexican hot chocolate? I had it (funnily enough) in Mexico and it was amazing. It was a thick chocolate with  chunky sugar and various spices and it’s like crack.

Edited by Monkee

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Monkee said:

Has anyone tried Mexican hot chocolate? I had it (funnily enough) in Mexico and it was amazing. It was a thick chocolate with  chunky sugar and various spices and it’s like crack.

Back in around 2003, the Royal Academy did an amazing exhibition of Aztec art, which I went to several times. It was co-promoted with a Mexican governmental body for culture, and consequently there were a lot of Mexican goods on sale in the gift shop, including Ibarra hot chocolate, which, I'd imagine, is what you're referring to. It's beautiful stuff.

• Paid Members

No idea how close to an "authentic" recipe it was, but a coffee shop in Jersey used to do a Mexican Hot Chocolate that I bloody loved. It was basically dark chocolate, cinnamon and chilli, and that all works really well together.