The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I mean, I get it. Out of context, if you banked on Reigns vs Cody and Seth vs Punk then lose a player like Punk, then Reigns vs Rock and Seth vs Cody is a fine backup plan if you look at the marquee out of context.

Unfortunately, it isn't out of context. They Lugered Cody hard at Mania 39 and he stayed hot (unlike Lex) so instead of paying it off at Mania 40, they've fucked him.

12 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

So who thought this was a good idea or even needed? Twats.

Here's some ;

On 2/3/2024 at 3:03 AM, Matthew said:

I know it won’t be a popular opinion but that moment at the end of Smackdown has only solidified my opinion that Rock/Roman is the way to go for WM.

Poor Cody, but I’m fully in on the way this has gone/is going.

On 2/3/2024 at 6:18 AM, The King of Old School said:

Thank goodness common sense seems to have prevailed and they are doing the biggest match possible at the biggest show possible.

Cody did look a bit of a chump though.

On 2/3/2024 at 10:34 AM, Gooner said:

What great news to wake up too. Roman Reigns vs The Rock at Wrestlemania and Rhodes still wanting to finish his story somewhere down the line. I'll definitely be staying up for Wrestlemania 40 this year. 

If someone's said 'who thought this was a good idea?', the person with the opposing viewpoint can decide to chirp up (still generating discussion) or leave it. Doesn't need another party to go 'look at these lot who thought it was'.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

That's kind of how message boards work.

Now now, there's a valid point there. We can hardly expect someone to justify their stance or elaborate on something they opined a whole 2 days ago, about a subject that hasn't been worthy of discussion since several minutes before your post. Leave the memories alone.

• Paid Members

Rhodes is doing a bullrope match with Nakamura tonight on Raw, presumably to tie that loose end up. Crowd reaction will be very interesting.

Also feel it's my duty to mention that Katana Chance will be on. Presented without comment!

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Rhodes is doing a bullrope match with Nakamura tonight on Raw, presumably to tie that loose end up.

Randy Orton Applause GIF by WWE

6 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Rhodes is doing a bullrope match with Nakamura tonight on Raw, presumably to tie that loose end up. Crowd reaction will be very interesting.

I give it 5 mins before they change it to a Brahma Bullrope match and the Rock steals the fucking spotlight again.

• Paid Members

I think he should take Bayley’s shot next. He could easily beat Io Sky in a fight. Be much easier for him than it would be for Bayley. If you don’t think The Rock vs Io Sky is more of a marquee match I think it’s because you don’t understand a little thing called BUSINESS. Ask the average person in the street who was in Jumanji with Kevin Hart and tell me how many of them say “Bayley”. I’ll wait. 

Am I alone in thinking this could add another year to Cody's story. He beats Rollins, everyone talks about him finishing his story, he comes out and says if you think this is the end of the story, you're mistaken, beating Roman ends my story. Queue Roman dodging him for a year before he unifies the titles? Yeah, it makes the 2nd belt look shit but doesn't it anyway?

He will win the bullrope match, then he will spend a beat too long looking at the cowbell before declaring that he's realised he can't focus on surpassing his dad's achievements until he's first matched his dad's achievements, and if Rollins' belt represents the big gold belt of yore, then he needs to win that before he can focus on Roman.

🤢 🤢 🤢 

16 minutes ago, JLM said:

I think he should take Bayley’s shot next. He could easily beat Io Sky in a fight. Be much easier for him than it would be for Bayley. If you don’t think The Rock vs Io Sky is more of a marquee match I think it’s because you don’t understand a little thing called BUSINESS. Ask the average person in the street who was in Jumanji with Kevin Hart and tell me how many of them say “Bayley”. I’ll wait. 

You joke but..

spacer.png

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Rockbus2 said:

Am I alone in thinking this could add another year to Cody's story. He beats Rollins, everyone talks about him finishing his story, he comes out and says if you think this is the end of the story, you're mistaken, beating Roman ends my story. Queue Roman dodging him for a year before he unifies the titles? Yeah, it makes the 2nd belt look shit but doesn't it anyway?

I mean, if they're insisting on Reigns pretend-beating Hogan's mark, then it won't bother me one jot if the end game is Cody beating him at Mania 41. However, even IF you ignore (a) Roman as champion boring everyone's arse off and (b) Mania 41 not quite having the cache of doing it at Mania 40, you've still got to keep Cody hot or re-heat him, because right now he looks a prized dipstick.