The MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

David

• Paid Members

When are they gonna leave this alone? Khabib retired in October last year. 9 months ago. He never wavered on that decision once yet was badgered until March when he had to ‘confirm’ again what he’d already confirmed 5 months earlier and Dana finally accepted it. Few months later and they’re on him about GSP. I get why they want the fight but leave the man be. GSP probably would’ve been more up for it, he’s said a few times he’d still be open to talk if Khabib changed his mind. But otherwise, they both seem content with retirement. The funny thing is, there was a time when the UFC could’ve made this fight and both Khabib and GSP really wanted it. Dana said he wasn’t interested. Fuck it. I hope they both stay retired. They’re pretty much the only two fighters who got the better of MMA. It would’ve been cool to see but we don’t need it and I’d rather not blemish one of their legacies with a loss at this point.

1-D90-EA68-4-DC9-43-A3-A821-2-C5023-E8-E

Leave it to the imagination. 

• Moderators

I agree with leaving Khabib be, but I also don't get the thirst for this matchup. GSP and his one fight since 2013, against Bisping who lets be honest close to the level of Khabib, don't inspire me much.

If Khabib came back I'd almost rather see him just go up a weight class.

• Paid Members

Agreed, im not interested. I would love to see Khabib come back and be a fully active fighter but im not all that bothered in Khabib/GSP. We are gonna have to get used to it though, we'll be getting 'is Khabib coming back' rumors until hes in his 40's.

• Paid Members

Bisping goes over scoring based off the Official Nevada State Athletic Commission guidance. I must admit I was a little surprised by the margins he talks about. Have we ever had a 10-10 scored In MMA? Also found it interesting the commission stated that scoring more 10-8's is beneficial to the sport long term. 

Bisping's getting more active on his YouTube recently. Worth a sub. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

• Paid Members

Alright that London card is looking class. This has been added now;

Card currently looks like this;

Derek Brunson vs Darren Till 

Paul Craig vs Alexander Gustafsson 

Magomed Ankalaev vs Volkan Oezdemir 

Taila Santos vs Mandy Bohm 

Lerone Murphy vs Charles Jourdain 

Marc Diakiese vs Rafael Alves

Molly McCann vs Ji Yeon Kim 

Jack Shore vs Said Nurmagomedov 

Nathaniel Wood vs Jonathan Martinez 

Khalil Rountree vs Modestas Bukauskas 

Paddy Pimblett vs Luigi Vendramini 

Dalcha Lungiambula vs Marc-Andre Barriault

I love this card. Top 3 fights are quality, Lerone Murphy is one of the best British prospects who’s gone under the radar, you’ve got Paddy The Twat’s debut, Diakiese is back from the wilderness, and Shore vs Nurmagomedov and Wood vs Martinez are killer matchups that I’m really looking forward to.

Can’t see much else being added now but I really like what’s there. At a push I think we could get a Mason Jones Fight added and I think we’ll see Ian Garry’s debut on here. That’ll probably wrap this one up. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Chunk said:

Surprised Arnold Allen isn't a feature on this card. 

Forgot about him. Another Brit that gets overlooked. Maybe he’ll get added. They’re not gonna fit every UK fighter on the card though and considering Allen co-mained a Fight Night last time and beat Sodiq Yusuff, I’d have thought he’ll get a biggish spotlight next. He might get lost in the shuffle under the top 3 here. Wouldn’t be surprised if they throw him on there, just thinking how stacked are they gonna make this exactly?