VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

Good little article here, worth checking out 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/dec/09/my-beef-with-vegans-says-more-about-me-than-them-david-mitchell?CMP=share_btn_fb

I’ve been eating the best food ever the past week. New York has so many amazing options, excited for this to be common place all over the world 

Also, continuing something Keith said in  another thread about atheletes keeping it to themselves.

Just seen Lewis Hamilton post about AR, if you read the comments you’ll see why people with larger followings avoid the topic

Edited by UK Kat Von D

1 hour ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Just reading Romesh Ranganathans book and he has a few bits about being vegan and how it's had an effect of his work. Interesting reading I thought.

Had a look on google to see what he says on Veganism in general and a few bits popped up. Suggested searches where Ricky Gervias and Simon Amstel who I know about, but I had no idea Frankie Boyle was Vegan.

Don't you know, Butch?  Yeah he loves all animals and calls hunters cunts.  In fact he loves animals so much that he made Karl Pilkington eat live ones like a bush tucker trial so he could do his laugh!  I think he might be a bit religious as well but he doesn't really mention that.

9 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Don't you know, Butch?  Yeah he loves all animals and calls hunters cunts.  In fact he loves animals so much that he made Karl Pilkington eat live ones like a bush tucker trial so he could do his laugh!  I think he might be a bit religious as well but he doesn't really mention that.

Is Pilkington Vegan then? Because that’s the only way there would be an issue really. Otherwise he just made his mate eat a different type of flesh than he usually eats. Maybe that was filmed before Gervias went Vegan, pretty sure that program was yonks ago.

Im not a fan of Boyle, but was surprised because he comes off as a classic “make easy jokes against the Vegans” type, which are usually pretty shit. Only comedian that has made me laugh at Vegan jokes is Joe Rogan when he described us as the most aggressive group of compassionate people ever.

Just now, UK Kat Von D said:

Is Pilkington Vegan then? Because that’s the only way there would be an issue really. Otherwise he just made his mate eat a different type of flesh than he usually eats

It's an issue because he pontificates about meat eaters, especially far eastern dog meat, but thinks it is a right laugh when it's a "lesser" creature being tortured for viewers.  Do you think he'd have had Pilkington eat a live dog, or have him kill a dog to eat?  He is saying that some animal lives are more important than others, so yeah, it's an issue.

I didn't even think he was a vegan, thought he was a vegetarian.  He is a cunt though, that much I know.

Just now, Keith Houchen said:

It's an issue because he pontificates about meat eaters, especially far eastern dog meat, but thinks it is a right laugh when it's a "lesser" creature being tortured for viewers.  Do you think he'd have had Pilkington eat a live dog, or have him kill a dog to eat?  He is saying that some animal lives are more important than others, so yeah, it's an issue.

I didn't even think he was a vegan, thought he was a vegetarian.  He is a cunt though, that much I know.

Well I don’t see the issue because I don’t view animal deaths on different levels. I won’t be any more grossed out by the idea of eating a dog than eating a cow. I think people who only eat some animals and not others are the ones valueing one life above another. 

Just googled it and Idiot Abroad was 2010-2012. Gervias probably wasn’t Vegan then 

14 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Well I don’t see the issue because I don’t view animal deaths on different levels. I won’t be any more grossed out by the idea of eating a dog than eating a cow. I think people who only eat some animals and not others are the ones valueing one life above another

That's exactly what he was doing, and what he still does, we agree.  Fair enough you and Gervais have your pick and choose approach and there is nothing wrong with that, but when he lambasts people for eating a particular kind of meat that he doesn't, that's when it becomes hypocritical.  You don't do that but he does, surprised you don't think it's an issue when he is the one valuing one animal over another.

EDIT - By "Pick and choose" I meant the difference between inconsistency and hypocrisy, we are all inconsistent in what we do, I know I am, but what he does isn't inconsistency, it's hypocrisy.

Edited by Keith Houchen
Clarifying

10 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

You don't do that but he does, surprised you don't think it's an issue when he is the one valuing one animal over another.

Well if he is Vegan he is viewing all life the same. I don’t think Karl should have been made to eat a “unusual” meat for laughs, but I also don’t think he should be eating “regular” meat for his own enjoyment. What’s the difference from people enjoying a steak and people enjoying watching someone else eat something? An animal died unnecessarily that day either way.  

Just now, UK Kat Von D said:

Well if he is Vegan he is viewing all life the same

That's my point.  He obviously and demonstrably doesn't.

1 minute ago, UK Kat Von D said:

What’s the difference from people enjoying a steak and people enjoying watching someone else eat something? An animal died unnecessarily that day either way.

Yep.  Exactly right, total consistency.  It's like the people who share a petition on Facebook against the Chinese dog meat festival but then post a picture of their Sunday roast.  I think where Gervais had someone smash a bag of frogs against a rock, like they were puppies in Oklahoma, just to watch Pilkington squirm and feel uncomfortable was a cuntish thing to do from someone who was at the time a supposed advocate for animal rights.